PDA

View Full Version : MOT, should I?

danwins224
07-08-2008, 09:39 AM
The mondeo is going up for sale this week, it's still got 4 months MOT on it. Kwik Fit insurance gave me a free MOT with the policy.
Question. If I put it through the MOT and it fails, will my current mot still be valid?
I think the old one would be invalid, but thought I'd ask as as I'm not sure.:inquisiti

Roadrunner
07-08-2008, 12:18 PM
The mondeo is going up for sale this week, it's still got 4 months MOT on it. Kwik Fit insurance gave me a free MOT with the policy.
Question. If I put it through the MOT and it fails, will my current mot still be valid?
I think the old one would be invalid, but thought I'd ask as as I'm not sure.:inquisiti
If your car fails an MOT, it is no longer roadworthy until it passes one. Same as if your car passed its annual MOT last year and failed this year's ;)

Nick Mann
07-08-2008, 12:33 PM
You could ask them if they will do the checks but not record it? It will give you and the purchaser a bit of peace of mind, but wihout risking invalidating your current MOT. It could also mean that you then pay for a second test to have 12 months MOT.