PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Stock VR4 parts

Troy
13-03-2004, 09:09 PM
hello im looking for stock vr4 body parts for my canada spec 2003 galant ES
front bumper,back bumper,sideskirts,headlights,taillights and grill

on another note does anyone know if these parts will fit my car?

heres my car

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/516019

Spirit
13-03-2004, 09:33 PM
I think you may have a job to find those bits mate - would suggest a google search for breakers in the UK and send them some emails.

I reckon they should fit, and looks like you have the same spoiler as the VR4 already :-D

Kieran
13-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi Troy and welcome to Club VR4! :welcome:

As far as I know, the rear taillights and bunper will fit. The JDM rears have the rear fogs incorporated into the brake lamp wiring, however my UK-Spec Rears (which are the same design externally) have separate wiring for the rear fogs so they operate independently of the brake circuit. What I'm saying is that they will physically fit, but you may need to reroute some wiring....

I think the rear bumper and sideskirts use the same fitments on all flavours of the Galant.

The JDM headlamps are a little tricky. It isn't just a straight swap. Rather than me type loads of text, slide on over to www.galantspeed.com and have a look in their 'Old Articles' section, under DIY swaps. There's an article on the headlamp conversion there. Below is the direct link, but you'll need to create an account (if you've not already done so) to view it:

http://www.galantspeed.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=1

As for the front bumper and grille.... :thinking: No idea, i'm afraid. The artice I've linked above does talk about both, but doesn't go into any detail about whether it's an easy job or a nightmare.. :undecided

Hope this is of at least some help!!

Kieran

8ggalant
19-03-2004, 09:20 PM
troy i have installed jdm head and taillights on my galant www.midatlanticgalant.com/8ggalant.htm[URL]
it is not hard at all...there is more help on club tgc and the galantforums...

i am also looking for a jdm front bumper from an early model 8th gen vr4 (i already have the fog light haha)...so not to jump your post troy but id love the help also guys and gals :-D

**my jdm headlights arn't installed on that page :undecided **

Nick Mann
19-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Interesting to see the photos of your car, 8g. The american interior is very different to the uk! Seems strange that it would be completely re-designed.

Good luck all with your search for parts.

wirdy
19-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Sorry Troy,
I think you may have some competition for stock VR4 parts from 'Project VX' now!!

8ggalant
19-03-2004, 09:41 PM
i will have more pictures up soon, i just installed a vis racing carbon fiber trunk

which reminds me...i also need the trunk garnish (the part that says galant and also has the trunk key lock) it doesnt matter what color it is as i will be painting my car soon....thanks

troy i apologize again :lipsrseal

Troy
20-03-2004, 11:12 PM
dosent look like im going to get my parts lol