PDA

View Full Version : manual conversion

newsboyben
14-03-2004, 12:01 AM
I recently bought a 97 vr4 putting out around 350 hp @1bar......the triptonic shat it 's self at 68km.....and when sourcing a new trans i came across a manual box with a triple plate 1000hp pull clutch....and did the conversion....after experiencing the same car with both options the manual is far more superior in everyway...and the BOV sounds like it should...the car ran a 13.8 with the triptonic...and am expecting a mid/low 13 with the new box...the launches are amazing.....its even better with traction control and abs disabled..........

Nick Mann
14-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Interesting info! Thanks.

stonegr
14-03-2004, 03:50 PM
I recently bought a 97 vr4 putting out around 350 hp @1bar......the triptonic shat it 's self at 68km.....and when sourcing a new trans i came across a manual box with a triple plate 1000hp pull clutch....and did the conversion....after experiencing the same car with both options the manual is far more superior in everyway...and the BOV sounds like it should...the car ran a 13.8 with the triptonic...and am expecting a mid/low 13 with the new box...the launches are amazing.....its even better with traction control and abs disabled..........

So you replace the tiptronic to manual.
Did you find manual stock VR4 gear box or is it from any Evo ???
I am interesting to replace the tiptronic but i cant find the VR4s manual gearbox and nobody here knows if any gearbox from Evo can be fit on. :huh: