PDA

View Full Version : WTB: air intake, and elbow (names?)

Atik
18-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Sorry guys, dont know the technical terms for the bits I need - I'm still a complete newbie! I'm sure someone will be able to come along and correct me.

I require the inlet elbow tube going from the flexible intake pipe. Mine has a massive split on the end but the retaining clip is just about holding it it place.

Also, anyone have an original air intake thingy? I have a HKS mushroom filter which I'd like to replace with a stock one.

I also has a problem with my front left ABS sensor. Nick tried to change the rear hydraulics but the dash displayed the red AYC light so did a check. Car is coming up with a few errors all indicating a problem with the FL sensor. Anyone know how to diagnose and/or fix?

Help will be much appreciated.

Nick Mann
18-08-2008, 09:29 PM
To try and help with the descriptions - The intake elbow is the bit that attaches to the throttle body. It is a hard plastic tube with a rubber seal in the throttle body end. Atiks is past its best, but holding on at the moment.

Air intake thingy is the stock filter box. Atik has the funnel, so just the filter housing is needed.

Whilst the car was in the air, I tried to change the hydraulic AYC fluid using the club approved "drop it into drive and let the AYC pump do its thing - mind your head on the spinning wheels" procedure. But with the car in the air all we could get was warning lights for ABS, AYC and TCL. With the car on the ground the systems work fine. The diagnostic code that tied in with the issue was code 22, flashed by all the affected systems, which seems to translate to the front left wheel sensor. As the issue is only there when the car is in the air (suspension at full travel) the presumably it is a dodgy wire somewhere near the sensor itself. Has anyone had any experience of this? Can you change the cable without changing the sensor? I gather changing the sensor is both difficult and expensive......

Kieran
18-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Nick - definately not a sticky caliper? Ariadne's done that to me before - The nearside front sometimes 'grabbed' the disc and caused a momentary drop in rotational speed relative to the other wheels and therefore spat out a fault code.

psbarham
19-08-2008, 08:17 AM
i have all the boost hoses and a front hub carrier ( pre facelift or post facelift?) i will have to check in the stores for an airbox though

Atik
19-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks for clearing up my description Nick.

The car is a pre-facelift so if you have any of the bits I need, that would be great. Could you send me a PM with prices for them? Thanks

Wodjno
23-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks for clearing up my description Nick.

The car is a pre-facelift so if you have any of the bits I need, that would be great. Could you send me a PM with prices for them? Thanks

Did you get you prices Dude :)

Nick Mann
23-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't think it was a sticky caliper. All the wheels appeared to be moving at a sensible and similar speed. We turned the car on and off several times whilst it was in the air and nothing changed. As soon as the car was on the ground again the problem was solved.

Atik
23-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Did you get you prices Dude :)
No prices yet... Want to get the pipe elbow as soon as I can so I dont break down at Trax in two weeks.

EDIT - "WODJNO has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."

/pan

Atik
23-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Will take the bits off you Wodj, including the driver seat. But it will have to be in two weeks time, after I get paid.