PDA

View Full Version : bonnet prop 2

Big Ian
14-03-2004, 09:00 PM
hi guy's help please!!
today i got a pair of bonnet lift's and thought i'll fit these when i get home (done them on my cavy) so there i am ,pi$!ing down with rain,lift's the bonnet prop'd it up saying to the bonnet prop "your history" i then offer the hydrolic prop to the bonnet and inner wing and :headsc: blow me there's not an ideal spot to fit them??..has anyone got them fitted on a 8G if so show me how you done it please,i loved this mod when i did it before.

Roadrunner
14-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Sorry, can't help, Ian :sad3: but I'd be interested in the mod if you get it sorted :)

Brian

Big Ian
14-03-2004, 11:48 PM
i'm working on.not much beat's me!!.......except the wife.......but i like it........

wirdy
15-03-2004, 01:14 AM
I posted on this some months ago and no-one had any suggestions.

When my trusty Volvo 760 finally expires I'll be robbing the spring-assisted bonnet mechanism off that, (looks even better with no struts at all).
Have you considered this method? I'm sure there's plenty of Volvos at breakers yards.

Big Ian
15-03-2004, 03:45 PM
actually i have a old 240 , i'm sure this has the same spring lift?
:headsc: you got me thinkin more.........

wirdy
16-03-2004, 10:47 AM
Had a good look at the Volvo bonnet lift mechanism yesterday and it would need a fabricated bracket made up to fit the galant. Also a strong mount / lug welded or bolted to the inner wing for the spring to attach to........too much trouble maybe??????????? :undecided :undecided

With all these guys removing their bonnet struts to free up the intake path, I'm sure there'll be a solution found.

enigma
16-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Did someone mention fabrication?!!!!! I can make anything you need, is there a market for BDA bonnet lifters?????! :D

Big Ian
16-03-2004, 03:39 PM
i'm thinking about a right angle attached to the frame of the bonnet to hold one end (both side's)? what i have noticed is that on the inner wing there are already threded hole's not being used that can hold the base end as ive try'd one of the fixing's and it screw's in to it.i'll keep you posted as i may have a go tonight..(weather permiting)

ritch_w
16-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Did someone mention fabrication?!!!!! I can make anything you need, is there a market for BDA bonnet lifters?????! :D

yep ;)