PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning

shaggymoose
24-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Does anyone know whether the aircon topup valves on the galant are the same as a carisma's?

I work for an air conditioning company, have plenty of gas but can't find anywhere what the valve size is so i can whack me gauges and vac pump on?

It is smaller than 1/8" BSP but i can't find anything smaller, can anyomne shed some light?

Or even better, has anyone got an adaptor that fits? I begrudge speinding a garage £60 + vat (cheapest price in Colchester for a topup) when i can do it for next to nothing!

Ta

Darrel

Kieran
24-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi Darrel

Interesting question! Having looked through the service manual, it very handily tells you sod all. /pan

However, I can maybe offer some help - In my garage is a tin of Castrol EZ-Fill. It's one of those A/C wonder fixes in a can and as an AC person, you probably loathe them with a passion!!

However, the fitting appears to fit... So if you can find out what size that is, it might help?

shaggymoose
24-08-2008, 09:37 PM
nice one fella, will take a look.

i actually work for a house/factory air conditioning company rather than a car one so i hate nothing about the car industry

Well, apart from my car, petrol prices, car tax,traffic in colchester etc....

shaggymoose
24-08-2008, 09:46 PM
looked on ebay for the can and the hose tapping has an internal thread which my car has too so would still need anadaptor?