PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Swap 4 straight thro exhaust???

chris vr4
26-08-2008, 09:38 PM
is anybody interested in swapping my straight thro centre pipe for a sports centre pipe???

mrs is moaning that my car is 2 loud ffs lol

or is there anyway i can stop the noise droaning into car 4 her???

Nutter_John
26-08-2008, 09:52 PM
earplugs or don't take her :P

chris vr4
26-08-2008, 09:57 PM
earplugs or don't take her :P

pmsl
but unfortunately i have to take or it means spending all my money lol

if i put cat back on will it drop the noise a lot???

thehedgepig
26-08-2008, 10:04 PM
PMSL..... Been there done that! Unfortunately the cat will do nothing to deaden the noise! I wish you luck my friend!

chris vr4
26-08-2008, 10:12 PM
bugger

i mite just get a box put into the middle then

shaun1978
26-08-2008, 11:04 PM
thats what I would do , If you put your cat back in it will dampen down the noise a little....... until it gets warm and then your back at square one...

Atik
26-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Snap! Except its not the missus complaining! Its EVERYONE!!! (And me, sometimes)

I've just re-fit the middle section of my exhaust which was 2.25" with dodgy bends and kinks with some sparkling shiny 2.5" mandrel bend stuff and replaced a single 2.5" silencer with 2 x 2.5" silencers!

Still LOUD!!!

Going to change the back section next month to include a proper Y bend (I have twin exhausts) at 2.5" and fit two flat heavily silenced boxes.

Lets see how that works out

So, I think I'm saying maybe you could try chaging the backbox to a heavily silenced one to drop the noise levels a bit?

chris vr4
27-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Snap! Except its not the missus complaining! Its EVERYONE!!! (And me, sometimes)

I've just re-fit the middle section of my exhaust which was 2.25" with dodgy bends and kinks with some sparkling shiny 2.5" mandrel bend stuff and replaced a single 2.5" silencer with 2 x 2.5" silencers!

Still LOUD!!!

Going to change the back section next month to include a proper Y bend (I have twin exhausts) at 2.5" and fit two flat heavily silenced boxes.

Lets see how that works out

So, I think I'm saying maybe you could try chaging the backbox to a heavily silenced one to drop the noise levels a bit?

that cud be an option m8.

but without going standard which are the quiet boxes???
did call the ppl that made the centre up and they want 80quid plus vat just to put a small box in the middle /Grrr