PDA

View Full Version : More Bhp

1666matt
27-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi does anybody know how to get the extra 20bhp out of the pre facelift legnum auto. as thats what i have got and would like the 280bhp many thanks

CANDEE
27-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Have a search around as there are quite a few threads that will be able to point you in the right direction...

J

Ryan
27-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Your easiest bet to draw parity with the facelift version is to install a facelift ECU. Mine came from the person who posted above me and he originally got it from Bradc :)

Sydo
27-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Boost.

Davezj
27-08-2008, 01:12 PM
best way is up the boost. Cheapest is a manual boost controler. which is what the facelift ECU does anyway (well roughly without too much detail).

i tried cutting the A/T ecu to Engine ECU wire and it didn't seem to make any difference.
did a couple of runs with evoscan logging stuff and they came out looking the same. so i reconnected it.

however if you want to take the speed limiter off the speed signal wire cut works, but it throughs up and error 24 on the engine diag light which funnily enough is called speed signal fail. but i can live with that.

1666matt
27-08-2008, 05:51 PM
so whats the boost difference between facelift and pre facelift. and what is a safe limit you can go to with the auto box. plus do you need a boost gauge because i dont want that sort of stuff in the car thanks

Davezj
27-08-2008, 06:06 PM
search is your friend

Edit:-
boost gauge good for setup and diagnostic. but after setup you can take it out.

Ryan
27-08-2008, 07:55 PM
so whats the boost difference between facelift and pre facelift. and what is a safe limit you can go to with the auto box. plus do you need a boost gauge because i dont want that sort of stuff in the car thanks

Prefacelift = Legnums / Galants produced 1996- Aug(?) 1998

Facelift = Legnums / Galants produced 1998 - 2002. Completely different rear on Legnums, bigger power bulge in the bonnet and upgraded front spoiler.

That's the very basic definition :)

As Davezj sais, a boost gauge isn't essential but is recommended that you use one while upping the boost to check what pressure you are making. With a manual boost controller you'll most likely get 14-15psi before you hit fuel cut.