PDA

View Full Version : WTB: exhaust needed please help!

casso
27-08-2008, 07:33 PM
hi i am lookin for the front half of my exhaust incl the two flexs.
the spec of the car is vr4 legnium 2.5 v6 twin turbo. jap spec does any one know where i can get this part!

bradc
28-08-2008, 07:23 AM
First of all, All VR-4's 96-2002 regardless of being Jap/UK/NZ New are all the same.

The original piece is quite hard to get and very expensive unless someone is wrecking a car and has one going. You might be best to get a custom front section made up.

Louis
28-08-2008, 02:30 PM
I have a used front downpipe, from the turbo elbows to the cat as one piece with the flexis, if I remember correctly the front flexi is sciffed (speed bump), I will take a photo and pm you tonight.
I am in Glasgow and very near Troon, (sailing to Belfast), let me know if you are interested, cheers Louis

casso
30-08-2008, 01:36 PM
that would be great im in dublin to to far away from belfast! the front one been a little bit scuffed would be ok. you can pm me or email me eoincassidyis@yahoo.com thanks.

Davezj
30-08-2008, 01:48 PM
shaun1978 has a back box for sale.

casso
30-08-2008, 03:44 PM
thanks still looking for the front bits. i hav a catback super drager exhaust and its sweet i jus cant wait to get full power out of it! the car is running rich because of the blow on the exhaust. does any one no wat they should be boosting at!?? standard!

casso
30-08-2008, 03:58 PM
i got a price of 530 euro off main dealer 650 of jap parts ashbourne.
and 315 pounds off japanizy!

bradc
30-08-2008, 09:03 PM
As I said, it's cheaper to get a new one made up from scratch :)

casso
01-09-2008, 06:25 PM
do u no where makes custum exhaust in irl!??

martin1979
17-09-2008, 10:20 PM
I am also now looking for a VR4 front pipe. Im toying with the idea of a stainless steel job but for money sake I might settle for a second hand one in decent condition if anyone has a spare one kicking about?

Wodjno
22-09-2008, 03:21 PM
I am also now looking for a VR4 front pipe. Im toying with the idea of a stainless steel job but for money sake I might settle for a second hand one in decent condition if anyone has a spare one kicking about?

Are you still looking for a downpipe for a VR4 ?

calum
22-09-2008, 08:01 PM
And I'm looking for one too! Hit a speed bump at Haddo House at about 30mph today and have scuffed off all braided part and flex joint is leaking!

It's only about 18 months old too - cost me about 270 plus VAT from mitsubishi.

razzin frazzin lowering springs....

Cheers,

Calum

Wodjno
22-09-2008, 08:04 PM
And I'm looking for one too! Hit a speed bump at Haddo House at about 30mph today and have scuffed off all braided part and flex joint is leaking!

It's only about 18 months old too - cost me about 270 plus VAT from mitsubishi.

razzin frazzin lowering springs....

Cheers,

Calum

Well the 1 that i have has a pin hole in the front flexi..

I would suggest sourcing a flexi and have it welded in /yes

I know there available, i just can't remember where from :speechles

EDIT: Theres millions here: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_nkwZexhaustQ20flexiQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_m doZ

Just a case of measuring up /yes

And i'm sure Nutter or Richy would be able to tell you what size you require :D

calum
22-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Cheers! I'll get onto that!

Calum

PS - you don't have any front calipers kicking about, do you, WODJ? After hitting the speedbump decided that the brakes were crap so went to free up all calipers. Snapped one of thefloating pins. It was seized in the caliper, and when I unscrewed it, it broke and left half of teh pin in the caliper...still works (just) but not too sure about my wife pootling about with the kids in it.

Wodjno
22-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Cheers! I'll get onto that!

Calum

PS - you don't have any front calipers kicking about, do you, WODJ? After hitting the speedbump decided that the brakes were crap so went to free up all calipers. Snapped one of thefloating pins. It was seized in the caliper, and when I unscrewed it, it broke and left half of teh pin in the caliper...still works (just) but not too sure about my wife pootling about with the kids in it.

I already PM'd you Dude /yes

Nutter_John
22-09-2008, 08:23 PM
2 1/4 "

Wodjno
22-09-2008, 08:27 PM
2 1/4 "

Yeah no that you "NUTTER" :D

I meant the length's /pan

Nutter_John
22-09-2008, 08:34 PM
about 6 inches

Wodjno
22-09-2008, 08:36 PM
about 6 inches

Oh Well :speechles

At least you got a BIG Car :p

calum
22-09-2008, 08:43 PM
I've not been on the forum for a while and just wanted to take the chance to thank you guys for your near instantaneous responses to questions that were really worrying me today.

The bills were racking up earlier and you've made my day just about tolerable...

Cheers,

Calum

Wodjno
22-09-2008, 09:07 PM
/grouphug /grouphug /grouphug /grouphug /grouphug /grouphug /grouphug /grouphug /grouphug /grouphug /grouphug /grouphug /grouphug
I've not been on the forum for a while and just wanted to take the chance to thank you guys for your near instantaneous responses to questions that were really worrying me today.

The bills were racking up earlier and you've made my day just about tolerable...

Cheers,

Calum