PDA

View Full Version : problem reconnecting hks boost controller

stevolution
28-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I now own a purple legnum which was axeboys then dickbartons.

warning: i don't expect any of the following to make sense.

I'm trying to reconnect the boost controller which has been snipped for quickness. I'd have no problem reconnecting but i can't find all of the wires.

I'm looking for 14 wires it seems 2 green, 2 yellow, 3 red, 2 black, 2 orange, 1 white, 1 blue, 1 brown

i'm missing a green and a yellow.

when i was trying to find the wires, an orange and red appeared to be snipped and were shorter than the other wires, there was another couple of wires on that loom that had extra wire put in place to extend it, i'm wondering if something is missing.

I also found a green and a white wire inside a black wire which had been freshly snipped but that doesn't appear to be what i'm looking for.

do all the wires in the loom generally get used or? i don't know where to start guys.

peter thomson
28-08-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm not sure which HKS controller you have but have a look here for fitting instructions

http://www.hksusa.com/faq/?ID=1647

stevolution
28-08-2008, 10:30 PM
i had a look on ebay to look at the pictures, it appears to be an hks evc 4 unit.

stevolution
28-08-2008, 10:44 PM
it's seperated into 3 looms, one loom is 8 wires and is the evc stepping motor, i have all of them. another 4 wires is for scramble boost, do i need this? what is scramble boost? the other 2 are for power which i think i have.

peter thomson
28-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Personally I wouldn't use scramble boost as we are not running that high a boost anyway and having a little more from this feature is just puting extra strain on the engine and turbos and probably just hit fuelcut. Somebody else who uses this type of contoller will be along if they see the thread and give you there opinion as well.

stevolution
29-08-2008, 09:04 AM
looks like i can maybe just connect this up then and leave those remaining 4 wires to meet in heaven.