PDA

View Full Version : Polish

Polabear
16-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Kieran,
Whats this Meguirs 3d Crystal thingymajig deepthroat stuff that you talk about, and mores the point where do I get hold of it ?, the colour on my 5dr is Rohann red met and it looks Brill when polished, but I can't help feeling it could look better, also any ideas or product types for valeting Leather interior ? cheers.

Pola.

Kieran
16-03-2004, 08:15 PM
:-D :-D I just LOVE the fact that any car cleaning queries are directed towards "Mr. Shiny" these days, rather than the non car washing Infidels at large :-b :-D :-D

Anyway - to answer your question :)

The best way to get Meguiar's stuff is online, at www.meguiars.co.uk.
They seem to charge the suggested retail price, and I haven't yet seen anyone undercut them. They'll deliver all over the UK too.

Now, if you look at this link, you should find all the information about polish and polishing your car...

http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2502

As for leather... Cold, soap free, plain old tapwater and a sponge is the best starting point. Don't be tempted to use carwash solution :stare: , fairy liquid :gun2: or a bar of soap :furious3: ... They'll dry out the leather, and then you've got the fun of trying to stop it from cracking :sick: ...

For stains that won't shift using the above, then dedicated leather cleaning solutions are available. Meguiar's do three leather cleaners - The first two are designed to be used in tandem and are best if you've got really badly ingrained dirt and muck in your seats. They are called "Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner" and "Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner".

There's also the third product, called "Gold Class Leather Cleaner". This is a one-step product that performs both the cleaning and conditioning steps in one application. Obviously, because it's a blend, it's not as effective as the two-step products, but it saves on elbow grease!

Nick Mann
16-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Only one person we know who is proud to be called 'Mr. Shiny'!!

Full of good info on cleaning, though!

Polabear
16-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Many thanks guys, will hot finger across to that site right now. A word of praise for all the guys of club VR-4 I can not believe how helpful and welcoming you guys are compared to some other clubs I have been associated with in the past, thanks a lot guys. :bighug: :grouphug:

Pola.

Spirit
16-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Awww thanks mate, we do try ;)

Brind
16-03-2004, 09:41 PM
All three cars on my drive are very shiny and sparkling from the glow of the streetlights! THANKYOU!!!!!

The rain we had the other day has washed most of the dirt off, they look like they've been cleaned. :-b

Kieran
16-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Gaad, these people are beyond redemption! :p :-D

Big Ian
17-03-2004, 02:25 AM
:soapbox:
don't forget AUTO GLYM as they have a wide range and have been No 1 for year's :hurrah:

....................................BLING!! BLING!!!!!!!..

Big Ian
17-03-2004, 02:36 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! kieran i had a look at there site and :uhoh: i could'nt see your car in the gallery section..... :shrug: surelly with all the free advertising you give them the least they could do is stick a pici of your motor on.

Brind
17-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Auto Glym is what I use and I find it pretty good.. however since the winter and grotty weather I find the rain does an excellent job anyway.

:bow: to AutoGlym and Rain. :-D