PDA

View Full Version : AU area

monty
31-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Just woundering how there is a uk section and a nz section and if there can be a AU section seen as there are a few members in au now. Or maybe ozvr4.com can join forces. Cause they are the people who put me in the rite direction to this site as i am a member at both but ozvr4.com is only a fourm based site. If it was posible to join ozvr4.com to clubvr4.com it would make it realy big here in AU there for we could have Big club day and meets ect. Just an idea but it would be great and i would support it as much as i could. Thanks

Kenneth
01-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi monty,

Up to this point there really haven't been enough full AU members to warrant it.

I have started a discussion in the committee area regarding this topic so we will review it again and then give an official reply.

Please be patient as these discussions can take some time.

Regards,
Kenneth

Gly
01-09-2008, 07:07 AM
oz vr4 has all the function you need to organise club days,

oz vr4 was offered to join clubvr4 at the beginning,
and did not want to.

Nick Mann
01-09-2008, 11:10 AM
This is a qestion that should keep being asked until it happens, because one day it will be the right time and the right choice. As Kenneth said, we are discussing it further.

monty
01-09-2008, 01:43 PM
yeh been posting comment in ozvr4 to join up with yous but they say it will never happen and they did seem like they liked me asking. But not to worrie. clubvr4 will be big in au soon and then will have the same functions as nz and uk. Skylines have come to a holt over ere in AU and now the vr4's are kicking off. My mate has a import shop and cant sell skylines any more, so with every vr4 he selles i told him to notify the buyers to join this club. So i hope that helps this club to grow. Mybe if i can get some flyers of this club so he can hand them out with each vr4 he sells might help

Nick Mann
01-09-2008, 02:28 PM
:thumbsup:

All help is well received!

I am rarely on OZVR4, so I can't compare the two clubs. I fritter enough of my life on this one! :P But for sure, anything that is beneficial between us should be exploited.

Thanks for your enthusiasm about our little club! :D

BuzzPuppy
03-09-2008, 08:03 AM
We'll see how things go. You'll find a number of us in ClubVR4 as well as OZVR4 :D I'm curious to know what you're looking for mainly?

Is it to gain some benefits from being a part of a club (such as trying to organise discounts with "Shannon's" insurance, etc) more than our informal track/tune/wash meet days over at OZVR4?

Be interesting to see what eventuates. Cheers!

bradc
03-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Gavin has a good point, what are you actually trying to acheive here?

Ryan
03-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Just woundering how there is a uk section and a nz section and if there can be a AU section seen as there are a few members in au now. Or maybe ozvr4.com can join forces. Cause they are the people who put me in the rite direction to this site as i am a member at both but ozvr4.com is only a fourm based site. If it was posible to join ozvr4.com to clubvr4.com it would make it realy big here in AU there for we could have Big club day and meets ect. Just an idea but it would be great and i would support it as much as i could. Thanks

uploaded/50107/1220432645.jpg

Kieran
03-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Easy Ryan, no need to flame the guy! :inquisiti

Monty - I like the idea but I think there's quite a few reasons why the current setup works well. Hmm. I'll ponder this for a while and gather my thoughts.

monty
03-09-2008, 12:26 PM
well i had a skyline befor this and was a member on sau befor this. And the way they had there site setup with there club members and fourm members and the way it all worked was great. . Perhaps one day ill meet someone like ryan on a cruis and ill pull the laptop out and show them how the sau site works. then i might be understood a bit more clearly.

SiliconAngel
03-09-2008, 02:45 PM
FYI OzVR4 thread here (http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3209).

As Brad said Brendon, I'm not entirely sure why you feel the two sites should be combined, but whatever your reasoning it's not going to happen - many OzVR4 members are also members here, and OzVR4 is obviously interesting enough in its own right to warrant CVR4 members joining up and posting regularly there too. There's no reason two different sites dedicated to the same vehicles can't work, and in our case I think the two sites work extremely well together. Partly because we have slightly different philosophies, partly because we're focussed on different regions, and partly because the people who both run and frequent the two sites are a great bunch of people ;)

I think there are two distinct issues here - you say you want OzVR4 to 'join up with CVR4', and there's also a discussion for an Australian section of CVR4. Regarding the former, you're wasting your time. As for the latter that's entirely up to the CVR4 committee - I think there are certainly enough Australian VR4 owners now, but is there a point in going to that effort when OzVR4 already fulfils that role?

Subaru ETA
04-09-2008, 12:06 AM
just my 2 cents worth. if we were to have a AU section we would really need to have Russian, German etc sections aswell.

are there actually enough oz member here to warrant it? having 3 commities etc seems abit over kill.

and as for combining the 2 clubs, why? are australian members going to bring there cars to nz for a cruise?......

also a believe that most of the nz members on ozvr4 are on here anyway...

not trying to tread on toes just putting in my 2 cents

ANTHONY
04-09-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm a long standing member of cvr4 i also go on ozvr4 i think there is enough room for two clubs and it makes a change to go between the two. i say keep it as it is and post on both clubs

Kenneth
04-09-2008, 12:29 AM
There is something like 38 current AU members.

The question of course is whether this is enough members to warrant having their own general chat / for sale / spotted sections.

I think that anything more than that would be premature at this stage.

SiliconAngel
04-09-2008, 01:59 AM
Also remember the Australian members are almost certainly members of OzVR4 as well. As much as I love CVR4 for the friendliness of its members and the tremendous wealth of information, a quick check of my post count on each forum will soon tell you which forum I spend more time on ;) As Kieran or Pete Thompson's post counts reflect their preference for CVR4, but it doesn't stop them popping over to see what the colonials are up to :P

It makes sense for OzVR4 members to also be members of CVR4 and I encourage it whenever possible. And if there was a dedicated Australian section of CVR4 I'm sure I'd check it out now and again. But would it be my first point of contact for an Australian VR4 community? Well unless OzVR4 was to magically disappear, that'd be a little silly, wouldn't it - that's an Australian forum run by Australians dedicated for Australians that already has a strong membership.

No one wants to waste their time and no site wants to have a ghost-town for a forum, which is what I think a dedicated Australian section of CVR4 would look like.

monty
04-09-2008, 07:13 AM
ok fair enough. I understand it all. Thanks for takeing a look and putting your points across.

Kieran
04-09-2008, 09:59 AM
As Kieran or Pete Thompson's post counts reflect their preference for CVR4, but it doesn't stop them popping over to see what the colonials are up to :P

Absolutely! :D We have to make sure one of the last bastions of the British Empire is behaving itself! /Devil5