PDA

View Full Version : adjusties with not a lot of drop

Robotnik123
01-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Am thinking of getting adjustable suspension, but as my drive is steep, even 5mm drop will mean I will be scraping the car. I have to creep as it is to get the car up it.

Anyway, can I get adjusties that have the option of keeping stock height, or even raising it?

Gly
01-09-2008, 03:01 AM
if your not gonna drop i don't see much point in getting fully adjustable suspension
oh and remember if you get a cert for adjustable's,
they measure the height, and the car has to be kept + or - 5% of the value (will be on cert plate)

why not just buy damper adjustable shocks? and keep the standard springs

raising it higher than stock will be no good as it will look silly, and give you to much positive camber.

Subaru ETA
01-09-2008, 06:21 AM
get some 20inch spinners and dump it on some bagz bro...that would be choice az...

ok ill shut up now :p

bradc
01-09-2008, 06:52 AM
what are you trying to do exactly Jan?

Robotnik123
01-09-2008, 11:03 PM
what are you trying to do exactly Jan?

Well was thinking if I need a cert for brakes then why not get coilovers too. Also, the car could be a bit tighter when cornering me thinks, and a harder suspension might be the ticket. And the ability to adjust ride quality as needed sounds appealing too.

bradc
02-09-2008, 12:38 AM
you don't need a cert for brembo's though :)

Roberto
02-09-2008, 12:42 AM
I think Jan was saying to get a hydrolic system or similar that can be adjusted from the drivers seat.

Drive it slammed then raise it for your drive way:afro:

CANDEE
02-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Well was thinking if I need a cert for brakes then why not get coilovers too. Also, the car could be a bit tighter when cornering me thinks, and a harder suspension might be the ticket. And the ability to adjust ride quality as needed sounds appealing too.

Why dont you try some cusco sway bars first, before you get coilovers?

Just a thought...

J

Robotnik123
02-09-2008, 01:33 AM
you don't need a cert for brembo's though :)

Well technically you most certainly do. The LVVTA website spells it out clearly enough.

CANDEE
02-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Well technically you most certainly do. The LVVTA website spells it out clearly enough.

And it seems that it really depends on where you go for your wof's and if they are vigilant enought to see that they are brembo's and that they need a cert... :speechles

J

Oblivion
02-09-2008, 02:34 AM
Why dont you try some cusco sway bars first, before you get coilovers?

Just a thought...

J

I'd definitely recommend them, even just changing one the car corners a lot 'flatter' (as in less body roll). Doesnt affect ride quality either so u dont get a sore bum from stiff as suspension :P.