PDA

View Full Version : (Nitrous Oxide) Noswizard takes on Top Gear £500,000 car collection (READ!)

Brind
22-05-2003, 10:32 PM
The show is set to be shown on the 25th of May, this sunday at 8.00pm BBC 2.

INSERT INTO post VALUES (Ignore the setbacks posted in the below thread as the dates were changed)

Should be interesting.
A clapped out Jag barely running let alone race a Supercar!

http://www.noswizard.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?topic=1370&forum=1&49

BraindG
22-05-2003, 10:53 PM
that will be interesting

:)

Nick VR4
23-05-2003, 10:34 AM
One of the guys on MLR added NOS to his Evo 7 GTA
Blew the engine up :Cry1:

jaysback
23-05-2003, 12:48 PM
did he go crazy on it tho.
perhaps we need to speak to the shoe fetish nurseINSERT INTO post VALUES (lol)
can u get us some NOS please. i am shure u must have some lying around in a bottle?

Brind
23-05-2003, 06:48 PM
That guy at Highpower Systems will guarantee your engine won't blow up using his equipment and fitted correctly.

Just read some of the replies on his forum, none of them have a bad word to say about his stuff.

pjjohnson
24-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Trev, The Wizard of NOS is based just a few miles from me. I've been to see him with a view to getting it on my car. He does seem to know what he's on about. There were people coming back in from test drives all the time going ' f*** me - this is great, give me more '.
You can have a mapped system for about £1000. He suggested a little squirt of NOS at low revs to eliminate lag and then some more at the top end. It also helps keep the engine cool.

Sounded great but couldn't get any insurance. It seems that if you have a problem you disconnect the gear and pretend its wasn't working - sounded too dodgy to me.

My money is on his cars would be on his cars - I bet he has got a diesel citroen or something like that that will roast a few supercars.

BraindG
27-05-2003, 08:36 AM
I watched the program.. boy, they basically stripped the whole car down.. wasnt anything on it..

was thinking though, 13~ secs for them cars to 1/4 mile, isnt that fast.. well.. it is, dont get me wrong.. but i thought they would have been faster...

Brind
27-05-2003, 09:13 PM
I agree, 13's doesn't sound all that great when we're talking supercars..
Clip was a bit short though wasn't it, they didn't mention how and where you could buy a kit..

Ailsa
28-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by pjjohnson
Trev, The Wizard of NOS is based just a few miles from me. I've been to see him with a view to getting it on my car. He does seem to know what he's on about. There were people coming back in from test drives all the time going ' f*** me - this is great, give me more '.
You can have a mapped system for about £1000. He suggested a little squirt of NOS at low revs to eliminate lag and then some more at the top end. It also helps keep the engine cool.

Sounded great but couldn't get any insurance. It seems that if you have a problem you disconnect the gear and pretend its wasn't working - sounded too dodgy to me.

My money is on his cars would be on his cars - I bet he has got a diesel citroen or something like that that will roast a few supercars.

Hi PJ,

I have a Wizard of NoS kit fitted to my MX-5. Tis lots of fun and would def recommend it. We started on 25 BHP jets then moved up to 50BHP. Beyond that starts to risk the engine INSERT INTO post VALUES (as I also have a supercharger) so you need the timing control stuff and that gets pricey.

Insurance wise we went with the "remove and denie all knowledge" option. In all honesty it's only ever used on the track INSERT INTO post VALUES (very rare on the road you would get a chance to use it) where you are not isured anyway.

Watched the Jag thing - it was quite impressive - although still only 13 something as said above. Think it had 250BHP jets!! Which you certainly woudln't want on a long term basis.

Ails

pjjohnson
29-05-2003, 07:46 AM
Sounds great fun, supercharger and NOS. Lovely.

chris g
30-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Hello All

Psych Nurse just back from his trip to Nurburgring, Spa and A1-Ring

And I can tell you that the car goes a treat - still getting to know capabilities of car but pushed hard at A1-Ring to find handling limits at a track with good safe run-off

NoS might have been useful on the hill at Spa and A1-Ring

Man at MLR with GTA broke his engine with NoS because, as I understand his explanation, engine was not de-limited, Mitsi ecu cut power as way of limiting - two cylinders knocked of it seems then came back in at lower speed with a double dose or more of NoS up the pipe and so...BIG BANG

His car is tipronic butr steering wheel mounted - if I had to have an Evo it might be the GTA - tiptronic fun and auto with Evo 7 go/stop/cornering

And by the way, I do not have any NoS as caring for the troubled mind does not require anaesthetic gases, lots of drugs maybe bot not NoS

And thats drugs for the patients NOT me!

And I am NOT the one with the shoe fetish, I just notice the strange behaviour AND comments of others!

jaysback
31-05-2003, 08:42 AM
lol m8
sounds like you had a great time
did you manage to get the motor out of shape and is it predictable at the limit?