PDA

View Full Version : being a tourist

ANTHONY
01-09-2008, 09:56 PM
we've been doing the tourist thing this week. i live just out side London but never really get into town. so this week we got a bus to Greenwich the the clipper boat down the Thames, I've lived here all my life and still see thing new. we went to the tower of London one day shopping in Oxford street the next and a day at Lego land. but we properly spent just as much as going to Spain, I've really got the bug now for all these things to see. so off the the cabinet war rooms soon. with all this things on our doorstep seems a shame not to

Nutter_John
01-09-2008, 10:10 PM
ah good old london bridge looking down to tower bridge , walk over there at least once month as i have a meeting not more than 75 yards from the spot you took that photo

TAR
01-09-2008, 10:19 PM
yup, there is loads to see in London if you know where to look. Trouble is it takes so long to get anywhere!

:happy:

ANTHONY
01-09-2008, 10:47 PM
yup, there is loads to see in London if you know where to look. Trouble is it takes so long to get anywhere!

:happy:thats true when we walked down oxford street it was like a london bus park as far as the eye could see was red buses not moving.

we have been using this saves alot of wonger.

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/

stuey
01-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I'd do a boat cruise from the London eye (also worth doing if you haven't been) it's amazing what you see from the water.. ! only £12

great idea playing tourist in your own city ..

I'm hoping to soon spend a few days going round all the museums & galleries I went to last as a child..

ANTHONY
01-09-2008, 10:58 PM
I'd do a boat cruise from the London eye (also worth doing if you haven't been) it's amazing what you see from the water.. ! only £12
. you can go from the london eye to the O2 arena and get off on the way for a beer or have a beer on the clipper

valleyforge1
02-09-2008, 10:40 AM
I loved London when I visited in the 80s on holiday and was a proper tourist with my mother and father visiting all the sites, but , I think doing the old wagon driving as hardened me to stay outside the M25.

Ill stick to the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake district.

Its like they say "seek and thou shall find"

martin_y
11-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Moved here 8 years ago. And I cant understand, when people ask "Where are your going on Holiday this year?", and you say "Cornwall", or another UK destination, why do they look at you in HORROR and say "but THATS not a holiday!".

To them it has to be overseas. Why, when the UK is beautiful, and has loads to offer?

We have just spent a fantastic 5 days camping in Lowestoft.

ANTHONY
11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
i agree, there is so much to see the only problem is the weather and cost