PDA

View Full Version : Married couple now back home ...

White Lightning
11-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey Folks,

Just wanted to jump on and say that we are back home safe and sound ... and now as Mr & Mrs Honey :D

The wedding was excellent and the honeymoon was fantastic. Kate looked absolutely stunning in her dress. I am a very lucky man :D

I will post some more details later as we are getting our feet back on the ground at the moment (pets to collect, cases to unpack post to read etc)

I also wanted to say a BIG, BIG thank you on before of myself and Kate for all those who contributed towards our CVR4 wedding gift. That was lovely and was completely unexpected. We want to thank each of you individually (and we will do that later) but for now I just wanted to say thank you /grouphug

TTFN

Nick VR4
11-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Welcome back and Congrats to you and the Mrs

ANTHONY
11-09-2008, 03:14 PM
welcome back Kate/Wayne.:2thumbsup you should be known as the wedding crashers after what happened while you was away:oops:

Lillywotsername
11-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Welcome back and congratulations to you both. Glad you had a wonderful wedding.

Spirit
11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
What wedding ? I didn't know you got married ! :evilgrin:

Welcome back guys, a few days after us you lucky things !

miller
11-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Welcome back, congrats on the marraige!

Mike

elnevio
11-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Welcongratulations back!

Or summat like that...

:)

Kieran
11-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Congratulations Guys, and welcome home!

Physician
11-09-2008, 08:09 PM
What wedding ? I didn't know you got married ! :evilgrin:

Liar ......... I saw you hiding in the Chapel furthest away from the Chaplain AND miles away from Shaz! (And you were last out after the event). :scholar:

Spirit
11-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Liar ......... I saw you hiding in the Chapel furthest away from the Chaplain AND miles away from Shaz! (And you were last out after the event). :scholar:

Our dad and I were the audience ! Shaz was a matron of honour hence being stood where she was. Always last out mate, got to lock up after the buggers you know /yes

Nevman
11-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Congratulations guys.
Without you even the forum wasn't working right :)

Pics, pics, pics...

Spirit
11-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Pics, pics, pics...

Well, here's the one's I took (over200) : CLICK ME (http://www.phoney.smugmug.com/gallery/5887330_RrHkZ#369407709_UHRgr)

Please feel free to also leave any comments on the pics

Nevman
11-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Great Pete!
Really nice pics there.
Thanks!

They are such a nice and good looking couple, aren't they :2thumbsup

Lillywotsername
11-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Perdy Pics Pete.... Kate and Sharon both look beautiful and even Wayne scrubbed up well :D ( only kidding Hun you looked great as well )

ANTHONY
11-09-2008, 09:43 PM
nice photos pete

Spirit
11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys. Still waiting for my fee from his lordship :evilgrin:

Kenneth
11-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Congrats Wayne and Kate :)

And thanks for getting back Wayne, your presence was sorely missed... /haz

peter thomson
11-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Congratulations guys and great pics Pete

Physician
12-09-2008, 01:50 AM
High quality photos Pete ......... I liked this one best:

uploaded/850/1221180609.jpg

Lillywotsername
12-09-2008, 07:37 AM
PMSL Rich :D

Spirit
12-09-2008, 05:50 PM
/haz excellent Rich :happy:

White Lightning
12-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys :D

And that's a great picture Rich ... actually Kate said that photo looked a bit dodgy when we saw it what with all the changing hands of the money.

I promised to post some more details but it's hard to know where to start as so much happened :pimp2:

As some of you may know. There were 13 of us that went out in total. My best man, Chris, his wife and (two) children, went out a few days before us and Kate and I plus my parents, Kate's Mum and step Dad, and Pete, Shaz & Conor flew out the Saturday before the wedding.

The first stop at the Hilton by LA airport did not go completely smoothly. Dave (Kate's step Dad) had $1200 in cash stolen from his bag. We were fairly sure it was the doorman but we could not prove it and the hotel we really not interested. So, not the best of starts but things improved after this!

The drive to Vegas was fun. Kate and I had a Pontiac Grand Prix, Dave and Kate's Mum had a Focus (!) and Pete and my Dad etc had a Dodge Caravan which they shared driving.

Once we arrived in Vegas, we all checked into the Bellagio. For those that have not been there it is a fantastic hotel. Kate and I decided to push the boat out (even further /yes) and upgraded to a Penthouse suite :pimp2: And it was very, very nice. We had three bathrooms (!) one had a whirlpool and another had a steam room!! We also had four TVs! One huge one with surround sound in the living area plus two in the main bathrooms and one in the bedroom (which was in a motorised cabinet that came up from the end of the bed!).

We stayed at the Bellagio 6 nights in total.

The few days before the wedding were spent running a few small wedding related errands here and there in between enjoying the fabolous Vegas evening buffets with the family and the odd bit of blackjack here and there :scholar:

The night before the wedding we all met for dinner and then the gents split from the women. We went off and played some pool, then played some blackjack in the Bellagio and a few drinks and more cards back in the suite. I think we finished at about 4am /pan

The wedding day was truly perfect. Kate looked absolutely gorgeous (as you can see in Pete's photos). And everything went perfectly. The chapel looked lovely with the flowers and the reception was superb. After all the planning from afar it was wonderful that everything went so well. I was really worried about my speech but I think I did OK!

On the Friday after the wedding, everyone went their seperate ways. Pete, Shaz and Conor (along with our Mum and Dad) went off to San Francisco and then LA/Palm Springs). My best man and his family went on to Scottsdale, Phoenix and Kate's parents went to Newport Beach in LA.

Kate and I stayed in Vegas until Saturday as we were fortunate enough to have tickets to see Kiss on the Friday night, which was awesome.

We then went to the Grand Canyon (1nt), Phoenix (2nts), San Francisco (3nts), Palm Springs (1nt) and San Diego (3nts). Highlights from the honeymoon included the night tour of the prison on Alcatraz (very cool) and the visits to the San Diego Wild Animal Park and Sea World.

All in all, an amazing, once in a lifetime experience.

I will sort out a few of the best pics in due course :happy:

Nevman
12-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Looks like it was amazing time Wayne.
Once-in-the-lifetime as you've said.
Really great we are very happy for you guys :2thumbsup

Spirit
13-09-2008, 06:45 PM
As Wayne said, so much happened it is difficult to remember it all.

Of course the highlight was the wedding itself, which I think went about as perfect as it could have especially considering it was all arranged/booked from so far away.

Some highlights for me were:

1: The whole wedding - brilliant
2: Beating Vegas - I was the only one to come away up - and the whole experience of being sat at the tables, getting drinks served to you free and chatting with the dealers. We also witnessed some Iranian (we think) guys (5 or 6) playing roulette who seemed to be betting around $1m per spin between them !
3: Firing some live ammo at a gun range, and them letting Conor have a go with a semi automatic rifle ! He was allowed to fire off 10 rounds of live ammo at a picture of Bin Laden.....and all 10 hit !!!
4: The heat in Vegas - far too hot, and something I will never forget
5: Our visit to Alcatraz - a very spooky place
6: Our tour of the stars homes in Hollywood - in particular seeing Gene Simmons and Demi Moore's houses
7: The rides at the top of the Stratosphere (Vegas) - Wayne, Kate and I did all 3 of them !

TBH if I ever headed that way again it would probably only be to go back to Vegas.....and with a large wedge of cash in my pocket !

Kieran
13-09-2008, 07:38 PM
What a writeup! Bought back fond memories of our honeymoon in Florida, and yes I totally agree, once in a lifetime! :afro:

Nick Mann
13-09-2008, 11:03 PM
It's fun reading guys! Glad you all had a good time. My only adventure that side of the Atlantic was based around Toronto, I haven't made it to the USofA yet. Although Niagara falls is flippin close!

We've waded through most of Petes photos, but I am looking forwards to the edited version with brief slogans! :thumbsup:

Physician
14-09-2008, 03:04 AM
Excellent write-up of your trip Wayne ...... the whole experience sounds absolutely fantastic - what a way to get married! :happy: