PDA

View Full Version : VR4 Propshaft noise/clunk

Nizsimo
11-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Hey guys :afro:
Posting up for another member here.

"No Mannaz"

He recently got his clutched changed in a manual 2002 vr4 (no ayc)

Since then he has been hearing some clunking and jerking from the prop area. We got the mechanic to inspect it and he says its the center joint making the noise. What action should be taking from there? Replace the entire unit or can bushing/mounts etc be ordered to fix this?

Thanks.

Roberto
11-09-2008, 09:51 PM
The dust cover on mine was making noises like that.

Just out of the transfer box.
I got a mechanic to bond it back in place, after 3 years still no issues.

Get them to have a look under the car and if the cover seems loose get them to try that first.

Nizsimo
12-09-2008, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Tomorrow I will inspect it myself and take some pictures as we have access to a ramp. I will check the play and see if i can pin point where the noise is coming from and let you know.

h31met
12-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Good day to you. I have had a very similar problem with my legnum. First the prop snapped at the transfer box so i replaced now the thing is going again. I have got a whole now prop to put on and i have also got a new centre bearing on its way to me, as i have been told this is why the whole thing keeps on moving and snapping. I am still waiting for delivery on this iteam but here is the ebay listing number if you would like to take a look. 280253662910 hope this helps.

2themoon
12-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Design fault