PDA

View Full Version : newby from swindon!!

ilovev6's
17-03-2004, 08:52 PM
hi there!

i see a couple of people on here from my area so hi to you!
been a member of scoobynet for many years but also have a year 2000 v6 sport in trigger mauve.
i am also driving a mazda mx6 at the mo! ( i love v6's )

i am thinking about buying a vr4 or legnum and wondered if anyone in the area would like to enlighten me to the joys and maybe a spin out!

i quite fancy being a 2 gallant family!!

pete

Simon
17-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Hello! Sure!!!!!

I work in Swindon...still at work now in Wootton Bassett! :rolleyes: and live in Calne. You're more than welcome to come for a spin. Let me know when you are free and i'll pop around with the car.......

Simon

Spirit
17-03-2004, 09:02 PM
:welcome: to CVR4 mate ;)

There are a few around your area so I'm sure you'll soon get a volunteer. We are at Japfest at Castle Combe in May so if you can make that then you will have a wide choice to view.

Spirit
17-03-2004, 09:03 PM
See, got one before I even finished typing my post :-D

ilovev6's
17-03-2004, 09:34 PM
hi simon

whats your trade then to be working so late!!

not sure when the best time is really are you in swindon during the day?
pete

Simon
17-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Im a chartered surveyor...can tell you if your house is falling down! :-D catching up on paperwork....(obviously spent too much time in the day on clubvr4.co.uk! ;) )

i dont use the car for work....much......im also in the middle of moving!!!! :wall: and sorting the car out ready for Japfest :lipsrseal i'll know how things are going by the weekend re: spare time

ilovev6's
17-03-2004, 10:28 PM
ccol!!

im off to florida for 3 weeks on 27th so im in no rush but could defo do with some help etc on purchasing a vr4.

thanks and speak soon

pete

wirdy
17-03-2004, 10:33 PM
:welcome: too.
I grew up in a small village just outside Swindon called Chiseldon.
Prefer to be away from the rat-race, up here in Yorkshire though. :) :)

Browse away and fill 'yer boots, were all here to help, plus there's plenty of buying advice if you look on the forums.

SGHOM
17-03-2004, 10:36 PM
im off to florida for 3 weeks on 27th
got any jobs going at your place ??? :-D :-D
welcome to the club M8 !! :-b :-b

ilovev6's
18-03-2004, 09:38 PM
wirdy!!

i bet i know you!!

i see you are 1 year younger than me and i grew up in wroughton so chances are we both went to ridgeway!!?

pete

wirdy
18-03-2004, 09:47 PM
It's a small world eh?
Yep, I went to Ridgeway School too and left in 1984. Never got the cane from Mr Axon though!! Kids don't know they're born today!! Bah , humbug, bah.......

Know Wroughton well, my Grandparents lived on Moormead road their whole lives.

You're in the right area for meets, Southerners seem to outnumber Northerners in the VR4 ownership stakes at present.

P.S name is Nigel Wirdnam.

Nick Mann
19-03-2004, 10:35 AM
You're in the right area for meets, Southerners seem to outnumber Northerners in the VR4 ownership stakes at present.

So how come there are more meets in the mids/north, and when there was a 'southern' meet there were more 'northerners'? :p

ilovev6's
20-03-2004, 11:05 PM
hi wirdy

defo recognise the name but couldnt put a face too it!
my name is Peter Toop if you remember me!!
i knew quite a few peeps from your year ( the one below me )
i did get the cane but not from Axon just one of his whipping boys!!

small world eh!

pete

wirdy
20-03-2004, 11:28 PM
i did get the cane but not from Axon just one of his whipping boys!!

Just in case any forum members are becoming concerned, I can confirm we are talking about a 'normal' comprehensive school here!! :-D :-D

Although quite a strict one in our day.....nowt wrong with that & did me no harm.

To be honest Pete, I can't remember you...getting on a bus every night and going back to Chiseldon precluded many friendships after school. My pals from Wroughton numbered just three- Craig Dell, Evan Hall and Keith Spackman.

Look forward to meeting you at Castle Combe, I take it you'll be attending, since you're so close???? It'll be a good day :D :D

Simon
22-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Ive not forgotten...(ilovev6's) ....our car is in the garage today and tomorrow, would be good if i show you the car before you go away for three weeks ....need an opinion on what ive done to the car! I'll send a PM once the cars back....hopefully in one piece.

Kieran
22-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Ive not forgotten...(ilovev6's) ....our car is in the garage today and tomorrow, would be good if i show you the car before you go away for three weeks ....need an opinion on what ive done to the car! I'll send a PM once the cars back....hopefully in one piece.

What ya been up to Simon?........ Have you finally given into the inevitable and installed some GLS Power?!?!?!!!!! :-D :-D

Simon
23-03-2004, 07:40 PM
I can confirm that ive sorted the brakes!! Big time!?!?! pictures up by tomorrow.....but theres something else (small'ish change!) but i want the car back first to see first hand before i post a description and picture....all going to plan that will be tomorrow afternoon :) i may have some spare parts for the VX :stunned:

Kieran
23-03-2004, 08:05 PM
....i may have some spare parts for the VX :stunned:

Cool! Come on, tell us!!!! :-D :bow: