PDA

View Full Version : Unable to upload attachments

wirdy
17-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Barry,
Am I doing something wrong, or do we need a 'how to' section??.

Followed all the instructions but I can't upload any of my pics??? I get a message back saying "file too large, limits are 620 x 0, your file is 640 x 480"
Unfortunately I can't shrink my pics to zero!!

Have cleared my temp files, still the same message comes up. Also how do I reduce the pixel size of a picture to use as an avatar?? can paint or something within XP do it?
Thanks
Nige.

BraindG
17-03-2004, 11:20 PM
where cant you upload?
what are the file extensions?

wirdy
17-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Not having posted pics since the site upgrade, I assumed the 'manage attachments' was the route to take , I note you can put max 5 pics on one post.
The files I am trying to upload are .jpg.
Any ideas what I'm doin' wrong?

.....update... problem sorted, although I still can't work out how to attach a photo, then write some text, then attach another photo , etc... and I can't seem to put the photos in a set order regardless if I upload them separately or in one go??
Has anyone cracked this yet?

BraindG
10-04-2004, 02:03 PM
you sitll having problems?

wirdy
10-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Nope. Same situation as my last post.

Still can't figure out how to get a certain photo in the right place in a post (when I'm putting a series of photos in one reply or post). When you upload them in a set order, the order switches around in the 'manage attachments' list?
Kieran seems to have it cracked, just thought I'd try you Barry, the horses mouth, as it were :-D

BraindG
10-04-2004, 10:03 PM
hmm, not sure on that one..
ive never encountered that..
so.. basically..
you upload three, in a specific order... and in post they are all jumbled up?

wirdy
10-04-2004, 11:24 PM
uploading three, that's ok. They stay in the order they are uploaded.
Upload five and the last three change around to be in size (kB) order. Don't know why it does this or am I going scenile & doing something different to everyone else?

BraindG
11-04-2004, 08:52 AM
let me take a look, i dont think ive encountered that though