PDA

View Full Version : Difference in springs for EA5W made before and after 1999.09

Riebus_LTU
17-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi,

i need some help in this one :)

I have:
Model: [58Q] GALANT S/WAGON (EA#)
Modification: [EA5W] 2500/2WD
Complectation: [LRGEDL6C] V6-24(MPI),4FA/T(CENTRAL-EU/D3) LHD
Option code: U61
Exterior code:T 07B
Interior code: 83J
Manufacture date: 10/1999 - 3 week

problem is that i have bought lowering springs for Galant sport wagon from member of this forum (i dont remember his nick name but i think his email was xxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk ). And now springs dont fit on shock absorber (plates are to big)

eny one can tell me is there major differences in galants suspension and why my new lowering springs dont fit /bat

thanks,
Riebus

Kieran
17-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Hmmm, I don't recognise that email address and I can't find a user with that email either.

As far as I know, there's no difference between the years - The spring rates changed a time or two depending on year and model but the actual fitment didn't - It should be the same from 1996 - 2002.

Do you have any part numbers on the lowering springs or anything like that?

Kieran
17-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Reibus - I've edited the email address out of your post. Our forums are indexed by search engines and I don't want a spambot screen scraping that address if it belongs to a member on here. :)

bradc
17-09-2008, 08:49 PM
From your name and country selection of other, I'm guessing you're from Mainland Europe?

There is a chance that the spec is slightly different over there, I can't be of much help either sorry.