PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi service?

nismoevo
18-09-2008, 10:54 AM
I think Mitsubshi forget too tighten the bolts after the service on my drive shaft when the changed some seals there. /rally /Grrr

Was on my way to put fuel in the car today when the drive shaft felt down and hit the ground so my car is FWD now, luckily i was only driven 40-50km/t! :inquisiti

Only had 200-300meters home so i managed to get home, but with the drive shaft hitting the mark a few times before i get home, drove it very slowly..

Anyone knows if is bad idea too drive the car too Mitsubishi and ask if they dont check everything they have loosen before they let the car out when the have done work on the drive shaft, ****ing morons!! :speechles i have aprox 3-4km too them if i hang up the drive shaft in some ropes or something so it dont hit the mark or could something else fail then if i drive the car 3-4km to them?

Or should i call a towing truck and send the bill to Mitsubishi? :thinking:

Wonder what the Mitsubishi headquarter in Sweden says about this story if the
particular Mitsubishi dealer who i had the car on start too argue :5shots:

bradc
18-09-2008, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't drive it. Your transfer case won't like it very much at all!

Nick VR4
18-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Phone the garage that did the work speak to the service manager and tell him whats happened and request that he sends a flat bed to pick up the car ASAP

See what his response is and then start the complaints to HQ

HMG1K
18-09-2008, 11:03 AM
I'd call the dealer and get them to come and get your car and foot the bill - make that known to them that that is your intention when you call them. Speak to the Service Manager or dealer principle. This is important so 'Saturday Boy' doesn't see Euro signs thinking they are about to make money out of you!

Also find out what they are offering, aside from putting your car back on the road regardless of cost to them in parts and labour. If it is simply putting your car back on the road with out a % refund on your bill, (look for at least 20%) then call Mitsubishi Sweeden's HQ. Personally if the dealer offers you a free service next time, refuse. That's a quick way to get your car in, tick the service sheet and give it back to you with a cheep oil and filter change as it's something you can check has been done easily.

HMG1K
18-09-2008, 11:04 AM
As Nick says!!! Beat me to it!

nismoevo
18-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Talked with Mitsubishi now, they should send a mechanic to my dad where the car is now and temporary fix the drive shaft so it stays on place until they get the car up too their workshop to fix it..

Will update..

nismoevo
18-09-2008, 03:15 PM
The car is now on Mitsubishi the mechanic who did the work have checked the car,just got a call from another dude on the workshop who told me that its was some small damage on the drive shaft so they didnt want to just screw it back right now.

They wanted to let their workshop chief check the car before they start to fix the car , on monday! :(

If they gonna bill me for something when the car is done, im gonna get mad....

miller
18-09-2008, 03:19 PM
they should be offering you replacement car! as far as i see it the fcuked up!

HMG1K
18-09-2008, 04:28 PM
they should be offering you replacement car! as far as i see it the fcuked up!

As miller says! You should be offered or demand a car. That way they won't drag their heels over inspecting and fixing yours as you will have one of their cars that could be easily be given to another customer if it wasn't for the huge cock up.

Also make it clear to them that you are not paying a penny, or cent (!) and what are they offering you as a goodwill gesture?

My line on this would be: "How much do you think this is going to cost me with the car being picked up and the work you have to do to it?"

If their response is "we don't know yet" or "£££££" then that's when you put them straight with "I don't think so!"

Take a firm line on this - you are the one being put out by all this.

HMG1K
18-09-2008, 04:29 PM
By the way, nice work that you have photographic evidence of what happened!

Nick Mann
18-09-2008, 04:31 PM
What were they doing to remove the prop shaft from the rear diff anyway?

nismoevo
18-09-2008, 07:20 PM
What were they doing to remove the prop shaft from the rear diff anyway?

Dont know what the correct word for it in english would be, but i can give it a try

"Pinion wheel seal" or maybe "pinion gear/cog seal" he told me that they often change that on the Mitsubishi ls200 when they noticed leaks there or when they can see that it moisturise from that area, he noticed this when i had the car there for AYC service, remember that he told me that they release the bolts and then loose the drive shaft when they change that seal, i got it confirmed by a local mecanhic when i ask if they loosen the drive shaft when they change that seal, he told my yes.

They guy who called form the Mitsubishi workshop who told me that tha boss on the garage should take a look on this car sounded a little bit nervous when he talked to me, wonder why they dont want to just screw it back what could have gone wrong with the shaft??..:thinking:

But if they start to argue later, i have the mail adress to the Swedish Mitsubishi Headquarter. /Grrr

nismoevo
19-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Picked up evo 9 as rental car today ;)

Nick Mann
19-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah - your explanation makes sense. And it certainly looks like it is all their problem. I hope they sort it out properly and quickly!

Davezj
19-09-2008, 09:13 PM
just aword of warning, if the prop shaft has fallen down and hit the road whan doing 40-50kph i would be very conserned.
the prop is a balanced rotating shaft and if it has been bent/dented then i would suggest it is no longer balanced correctly and it sould be rebalanced or replaced.
i would not be happy if they just bolted back on. you could request a copy of the balance sheet if they say they have re balanced it. and check serial numbers so they don't just show you one from another car.

Subaru ETA
20-09-2008, 07:58 AM
eeek that is abit of a meat head thing to do!!

as Davezj said - make sure the shaft has been balanced!

at our work, if someone cocks up the service manager rolls over! our foreman diagnosed something wrong and the car came back with the same problem they got a loan car while we had theres, discounted service and free WOF and groom, and diagnosing something wrong isnt as stupid as leaving bolts out!

nismoevo
20-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Maybe it was because of the damage when the drive shaft hit the mark, they didn't want to just put it back directly and give me the car.

The dude who did the work in first place did pick up the car, when he and another mechanic on Mitsubishi have checked the car they called me and told me that the chief mechanic must check this car on Monday... starting to get worries here maybe...

Do you think i need to tell them that they need to replace or balance the prop shaft on my car or else its gonna be very bad to just screw it back?

Nick Mann
20-09-2008, 06:11 PM
I'd phone on mnday and ask what the chief mechanic thinks. And what their planned course of action is.

nismoevo
22-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Got a phone call from the workshop chief today at Mitsubishi, he told me that he wants me to come there tomorrow to discuss how they gonna lay up the work on the car, i did a point out that they couldn't just screw it back before, they have balanced it and he agreed with that.

Did heard he say very low that the mechanic at Mitsubishi had do this wrong..

I hope he dosen´t think that im gonna pay for something hear, i dont think that he will want this story to reach the Mitsubishi headquarter.. :afro: :speechles :5shots:

phosty
22-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Only had 200-300meters home so i managed to get home, but with the drive shaft hitting the mark a few times before i get home, drove it very slowly..

Interesting that you were able to continue to drive the car. When my front propshaft UJ bust a while back I asked on this forum if I could just revert to FWD only by removing the propshaft. The general consensus was that it wouldn't work.

Did your transfer box / front diff sound different at all when it fell off?

nismoevo
23-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Interesting that you were able to continue to drive the car. When my front propshaft UJ bust a while back I asked on this forum if I could just revert to FWD only by removing the propshaft. The general consensus was that it wouldn't work.

Did your transfer box / front diff sound different at all when it fell off?

Didnt here any strange sound from the transfer box at all, when i slowly drove it home at 5-6km/h

I just changed the oil in the transfer box also before this happen.

Was on Mitsubishi today they showed me the drive shaft, they have taken it whole of and will send it away for balance.

Then they will change some tank shield, or what it was??, (some big black shield) who had taken a hit, the have order a new one for me.

We havent discus (yet) what i should get for handling all of this mess.

But i did make it clear that they need to figur something out..:inquisiti :speechles

HMG1K
23-09-2008, 05:38 PM
We havent discus (yet) what i should get for handling all of this mess.

Should have been the second thing you did when you spoke to them telling them of what happend and reminded the Service Manager.

I reckon they either A) think you are not expecting anything. Or B) think if they look after you and smile lots that will be their gesture of goodwill.

Try salvaging it by making it a priority chat next time you speak to them - otherwise call them for an update and use that chat to bring it up.

Remember who screwed up here!

nismoevo
10-10-2008, 09:32 AM
New shaft on its way ;)

nismoevo
30-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Car is back on track now /rally :iloveyou: