PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Sport Wheel !

jimbob
23-09-2008, 08:20 PM
hi everyone, im new to this so be gentle! ive just bought a 2001 galant sport estate, problem is ive got a buckled wheel. bummer!!! ive been shopping round and have been told ywice now by 2 differant people that the 17" wheels are prone to this. but surely they are no more prone to it than any other alloy? any way i need a wheel asap, tyre not important condition a little more important, must be round!!! always wanted one of these cars and now finally ive found one that i can own for a short while then upgrade to a newer model.

also my time clock has a habbit of going off, any thoughts???

any help i would be gratefull,cheers

jr0504k@yahoo.co.uk /rally

peter thomson
23-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi welcome to the club. I'm sure a couple of members have some spare wheels for sale. Use the search function as I am sure thay have been mentioned recently

jimbob
23-09-2008, 08:27 PM
i will do cheers, sods law i buy a car that needs a wheel and ive just missed some on ebay!!!!!

Kieran
23-09-2008, 08:28 PM
They are VERY prone to this problem of buckling wheels, and I would say more so than other 17" wheels... They just seem to be made of cheese!

The clock is another common one. There's a writeup in the members area that walks you through every step, but in a nutshell, lift the clock out the dash, and resolder the joints on the back of the clock PCB - Over time they go dry and just need a quick dab to get a good connection again.

As for sources of wheel? Well, if no one else on here can help, keep an eye on Ebay. Sport alloys do appear every now and again, and also you might just find a good deal on a wheel and tyre package.

Finally, welcome to CVR4, and enjoy the car. I used to own a V6 Sport myself and they're a quick, capable car with nice handling (especially with uprated suspension), so enjoy! :)