PDA

View Full Version : BIG Panic today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chewy121
24-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Afternoon guys hope your all well!!!!

Had the most stressfull afternoon!!!!! with my autobox

Went to park up seemed a little stiff going into park pulled back into reverese and back into park moved frely upto park but carried on beeping as if in reverse!!!!! looked at display still showing R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crumbs i said aloud !!!!!!!

Starting to think at this stage that I would be getting friendly with my bank manager very shortly!!!!!!

Had a coffee to reflect called out greenflag to get me home!!!!!!

hour and half of stressfull panicing the low loader turns up - youngish guys steps out comes over looks at the box and says looks similar to the FTO I had (turns out he had 3)

within a few minutes of poking prodding he found that the cable attatchign to the gear selector had come off - he stripped the interior bits apart in a flash re hooked on clipped all back in turned her over and guess what im smiling all over again!!!

that probably saved me 150-200 quid bill at the garage so guess what new exhaust well got to treat her havent you!!!!
:afro:

elnevio
24-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Result!

I like it when things work out like that. :thumbsup:

ҢдщҚ
24-09-2008, 07:20 PM
me too ;-)) good on yer

chewy121
25-09-2008, 11:44 AM
have to say i was sweating like a sweaty thing on a sweaty day

pitslayer
25-09-2008, 11:44 AM
yeh its a panic when stuff like that happens, i panicked when i went around a corner to hard and blew the power to my carpc and at the same time the stereo and all the dash lights....turned out to be a fuse....i love simple fixes

chewy121
26-09-2008, 05:30 PM
best thing is i have treated her today to a nice shiney HKS EBC!!!!! ;-)