PDA

View Full Version : moonsoon shields and you

sightless
27-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Whats peoples pros and cons to these?
Iv trawled through a couple threads - some say they suite the car, others don't. Increased wind noise?
Yes they do help with a little of the rain splatter for having them cracked open a bit. I don't smoke in the car so that side of things has no benefit to me.

My rear passenger one is broken /pan so I'm left with the decision to replace or to remove them all.

Anyone have a pic of theirs without? pref Galant

bradc
27-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I hate them, they look so ugly! What colour is your car?

HMG1K

ANTHONY
when i got my legnum they were removed so i got a set from a nice guy over there, definitely better no noise difference and i can now crack the window open in the rain

sightless
28-09-2008, 01:28 AM
I hate them, they look so ugly! What colour is your car?

Black.
I have some Mothers naturally black that I have been applying over the last couple weeks to the rest of the car so I can get the door to look very nice without - but this depends if I don't scratch it while removing the rubber sticky ****.

wonder what they would look like tinted black on the inside of the shield (light matt balck coat?)

pungatree1
28-09-2008, 03:29 AM
I like them on mine - make the car look wider. However, they are a pain when frozen or fogged up as you can't see well at junctions when turning.

djb160
28-09-2008, 04:12 AM
I love them on vrs personally.

pitslayer
29-09-2008, 01:48 AM
if the car has roof rails then yes they look alright, but without roof rails then leave them off, and i dont like how they look on a galoon, think they spoil them slightly

Fully
30-09-2008, 09:04 AM
^g's don't have roof rails.

As long as I have a drivers side one I'm happy. They stop the rain if you have the window down a few inches, anymore you start getting wet.

Get one from a junk yard, fading will be closer than a new one. Get the body 2mm tape from repco.

MPBVr4
30-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Got them but not sure whether to keep or not. How do you get them off without
trashing the paint?

AncientOfMu
30-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Got them but not sure whether to keep or not. How do you get them off without
trashing the paint?

Speaking from personal experiece....

You can't. No matter how careful you are you will prolly trash the paint.

Robotnik123
01-10-2008, 03:33 AM
My Mazada 121 has puny shields similar to the VR-4 and the drivers side one broke. I knew I'd never find a JDM replacement, so I ordered a large shield of the type you sometimes see on taxis. A company called autoplex makes them for most cars. Anyway the big shield is so much better at high speed.