PDA

View Full Version : FS: Legnum on Pistonheads - passing it on

Dazpostie
29-09-2008, 09:21 PM
saw this vr4 in piston heads, tought i'd pass it on. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/725203.htm

ANTHONY
29-09-2008, 09:45 PM
its even got a space at the rear for the wife/pan

Nick Mann
29-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Best shape & best colour! :thumbsup:

elnevio
29-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Best shape & best colour! :thumbsup:
For the wife or the car?

/pan

HMG1K
29-09-2008, 09:53 PM
That's a fine price for the car and mileage - and a facelift too.

Answer me this, is it a UK Colt import or private import - the back says 'Legnum' The Colt imported VR4s said Galant on the boot garnish.

ANTHONY
29-09-2008, 09:57 PM
That's a fine price for the car and mileage - and a facelift too.

Answer me this, is it a UK Colt import or private import - the back says 'Legnum' The Colt imported VR4s said Galant on the boot garnish. i think some mitsi imports sliped through with legnum on

Kieran
29-09-2008, 10:43 PM
i think some mitsi imports sliped through with legnum on

Not exactly. The 'Official' 200 cars were all badged as Galant. However some dealerships imported extra cars (Such as Pete's old purple VR4) and left them closer to Jap-Spec.

Given that this car has an 'AHY' registration, I'd suggest it was probably brought into the country by Extreme (Formerly Ralliart UK).

NevGroom
01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Have just e-mailed seller - I really like the look of that - Seen the house outside which it's parked - Could be the wealthiest VR4 owner in the country!!

Mark 4
01-10-2008, 09:34 PM
That looks like a HUF house ?

Nick Mann
01-10-2008, 10:25 PM

Horse Un Friendly?
Hot Uniformed Female?
Happily Un Fukkable?
Hopeless Under Fire?

miller
01-10-2008, 11:00 PM

It does indeed look like Huf generated house, well spotted!

Nick, Huf is a German company who basically 'flat pack' you your ideal home!

Mark 4
01-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Horse Un Friendly?
Hot Uniformed Female?
Happily Un Fukkable?
Hopeless Under Fire?

Yes, all of the above.

Mark 4
01-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Preferably number 2.

stuey
02-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Have just e-mailed seller - I really like the look of that - Seen the house outside which it's parked - Could be the wealthiest VR4 owner in the country!!

Or, wealthy friend with the good camera.. !

elnevio
02-10-2008, 08:17 AM
In Soviet Russia, house flat-packs YOU!

ritch_w
02-10-2008, 09:51 AM
thats a good price!

bet that wont be there for long!

NevGroom
02-10-2008, 09:59 AM
thats a good price!

bet that wont be there for long!

Don't I know it - I wish there was a contact number for the seller as I had to send a message for them to call me - I have the cash and am very keen. Can then sell the Shogun Sport and use the money from that for the most tasteful of mods.............

peter thomson
02-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Use BT page and you find the number listed when you search for Menday in Weybridge Surrey. There are 2 numbers but in the same area

NevGroom
02-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Going to see it at 5pm tonight.

Has had a few tweaks to it already (Torque Conversions).

The House in the Photo is actually called HUF House!

They live on St Georges Hill in Weybridge which is where the likes of Cliff Richard, Sue Barker and just about every other celeb has a mansion!

NevGroom
02-10-2008, 10:21 AM
PT - I was doing just that when they called me!!

peter thomson
02-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Good luck Nev

NevGroom
02-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Could be more business going Eurospec's way ;-)

Rambaud
02-10-2008, 10:41 AM
I was started to get interested until I saw the colour - BLUE.

Seems a good price for the mileage, and if everything checks out.

Kieran
02-10-2008, 11:32 AM
In Soviet Russia, house flat-packs YOU!

/lol /lol

pezza
02-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Good luck Nev...

Nice looking low mileage motor...

the_boy
02-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Bah, just got back from Cyprus this morning and was going to enquire about this car.

Good luck Nev, if you change your mind please let me know!!

NevGroom
02-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Just got back from a viewing. If you've never driven into St Georges Hill, go view this car for the experience - Every house would comfortably sleep the population of a small African state!

As for the car.

It's FILTHY!! Not sure it's been within earshot of a vacuum and the constant carriage of 2 massive pedigree German Shepherds in the back have caused the beige trim to go black with dog hair (at least that's confined to the boot area).

Car has a "Torque Performance" ECU fitted (they weren't too clear on what sort) but it caused them grief so Mitsi stripped the entire engine down in 2006 and it's been disconnected ever since (a piggy-back job I guess). Paintwork is ok and I'm sure some smart handiwork by AoMu would have it looking pristine. Engine bay is equally filthy, got a mushroom filter fitted and a stainless cat-back fat exhaust (nice sound). Passed MoT on Tuesday with some minor advisories (Discs wearing and a wearing ball joint on offside).

I offered the guy 3250, he'll take 3500 but, I am really put off by the decrepit state of the interior - I am confident it will all scrub-up but I don't think I have the patience for that. Car was a Ralliart import but the boot lid got vandalised and the trim had to be replaced (Legnum signage by virtue of the part being shipped from Japan - it was originally blank?!?!?).

So - What say you guys??

peter thomson
02-10-2008, 06:51 PM
That's disappointing that they haven't gone to the effort of tidying it up. I think your offer is reasonable especially if you had to have the car detailed to an acceptable standard.

the_boy
02-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Sounds disappointing, lucky you don't live too far away. I'd have been coming from Newcastle /pan

Pretty sure you can valet / detail almost anything but would you ever get rid of the dog smell?

Dirty engine too, sounds like it's been used as a real workhorse.

NevGroom
02-10-2008, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=the_boy]Pretty sure you can valet / detail almost anything but would you ever get rid of the dog smell?
QUOTE]

And I am right at the bottom of the world's dog appreciation list...........:sick2:

ritch_w
02-10-2008, 07:17 PM
I think your offer is spot on, I'm quite sure Don could get the paintwork back to A1 condition for few hundred and a serious valeting or 3 to remove the dog use and abuse will also be £100 - £200, so add that up with a new ball joint and your looking at £500

Rambaud
03-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Actually, one of the things that attracted me to the car was the dog guard etc.

However, based on your report, I would think that the detailing work and the interior would be ~ £250 to £300?

I remember turning up to view a house where the dog smell was so strong, I could not even go in ! It turned out that the owner had 9 dobermans!!!

Local Mitsi garage charged me £242 + VAT to supply and fit a lower suspension joint a couple of months ago.

I think your offer of £3250 was spot-on.

NevGroom
03-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. Given the affluent area in which they live (and they are obviously not out of place) they are not desperate for the cash.......

I called them back last evening and informed them of my decision not to pursue the deal. However, this morning I mailed them itemising the costs of the valeting, detailing and ball-joint and said if they became slightly more desperate to reduce their fleet (they have a new A6 Avant and a Subaru Forester - He doesn't drive so 3 cars between one driver) and would accept £3k to give me a bell.

If I do get a call Rambaud, you can have the Dog guard for nowt! In fact you could mail them via pistonheads and see if they would consider doing a deal as it was custom made for the Galant Estate and will not fit any other car.

Rambaud
03-10-2008, 08:56 AM
If I do get a call Rambaud, you can have the Dog guard for nowt! In fact you could mail them via pistonheads and see if they would consider doing a deal as it was custom made for the Galant Estate and will not fit any other car.

Thanks for the offer, Nev.

All I am missing at the moment is an Estate and a dog! :)

I think if the car had been on the market for a longer time, your offer might have been accepted.