PDA

View Full Version : How long for INVECS to memorise my driving style?

Atik
01-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Hey all, tried searching, but didnt get any info that I was looking for.

I changed my battery a month ago (around 500 or so miles ago) and lost my INVECS II gear changes. They basically became very harsh and the car jerks from 2-3 and 3-4 gear changes.

Was wondering how long it takes for the INVECS to relearn my driving style and adapt to it. I am still getting harsh gear changes (in tip) and auto seems to hold gears for an eternity before changing up. A little annoying now cos I had hoped it would settle.

Before the battery change, in tip mode, the 1-2 change was slow but 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5 were all instant. Now, the 1-2 is still slow, but the other changes are also slow. Only 4-5 is pretty good, but still slower than before. Auto is just holding gears for too long and with my super loud exhaust, it does drone a fair bit!

Do I just wait it out and let it work its magic? Or is there anything I can do to help it learn quicker?

Atik

Lillywotsername
01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Just out of curiosity Atik.....
Did you drive the car in tip after replacing the battery or auto mode?

Secondly.... How did you drive? Was it a steady drive or did you give the old girl a blow out?

The reason I am asking is we found that if she was driven harshly or even not like a granny after the ECU was reset, she was quite jumpy like you say and held lower revs for longer than I liked.

For us... the best thing was to drive her in auto for at least 250 miles after the battery was out, steadily, and then she learned that that was how we wanted her to respond the majority of the time.... not taking away that she would still shift when the loud peddle was pressed.

Might mean resetting the ecu again but i can understand how you feel with regards to the exhaust.

Kieran
01-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah, to back up what Lilly says, the gearbox's adaptive control software doesn't 'learn' if the car is in 'Tip'. It needs to be in 'D'.

There is just one issue with Lilly's post - Her description of the 'Loud Pedal'. With that car it was more like the 'Make people's windows explode pedal'... /pan

elnevio
01-10-2008, 09:11 PM
I only occasionally use D, but it's never been anything other than smooth in my car, even immediately after a reset. Generally drive in tip mode normally. I have never really experienced any lumpiness in the gear-changes. No idea why that would be the case.