PDA

View Full Version : AYC Fluid

Ultra VR-4
23-05-2003, 05:45 AM
I was just wondering where i get the AYC fluid from?:Ponder:

Pescha
23-05-2003, 05:48 AM
Hi ya! I would get it from your mitsubishi dealer mechanic. We aren't ure exactly whot sort of oil it would be, is it like brake oil? I would just go to the dealer and ask them to order you some...

Anyway have a good weekend Ultra,
Pescha!

Ultra VR-4
23-05-2003, 05:52 AM
thanks, you too pescha, hopefully weather will clear up for yous tomorow.

Roadrunner
23-05-2003, 08:22 AM
My dealer uses Castrol TQ Dexron III for the AYC - same oil that goes in the auto gearbox. However, I don't think it's a user-serviceable thing to change. As far as I'm aware, the car needs to be hooked up to the Mitsubishi diagnostic computer to have a program run that operates all the necessary pumps and valves in the correct order to ensure the system gets bled through properly.

Brian

-LegnumVR4-
23-05-2003, 11:14 AM
The AYC uses a special oil which is sold by Mitsubishi, it's desgined for the diff. The oil which is put in the bottle in the back of the car is for the diff pressurer INSERT INTO post VALUES (AYC pump, sits behind the back right wheel arc) this doesn't fill the AYC diff. It used Dexron III.

jaysback
23-05-2003, 12:55 PM
thats a good bit of info there
i thought it was the res. for the ayc pump.
INSERT INTO post VALUES (ayc being part of the diff)

Ultra VR-4
25-05-2003, 10:03 PM
hey legnum, so should i get some of that dexron iii stuff as well as ayc fluid/???

Brind
25-05-2003, 11:47 PM
From what I've learnt after reading all the info on this site and reiterating what H.7 has said, you cannot change the AYC oil yourself!

-LegnumVR4-
26-05-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Ultra VR-4
hey legnum, so should i get some of that dexron iii stuff as well as ayc fluid/???

If you are wanting to get the oil changed you have to take it to a Mitzy dealer. I would first get them to check the oil in the AYC diff to see if it's getting burnt, if it is they will change it and bleed it. they will top up the AYC pumps res with a Dexron fluid when they bleed the pump. If you notice that there are 2 pipes that go from the pump to the diff, one pipe pressures the right side, the other the left side. I've heard of a problem with the pump if it's not serviced/slack with the oil changes u can wear one side of the diff out more than the other as incorrect pressure can be placed on either side of the diff.

Lee
27-05-2003, 11:16 AM
I used to have my vr4 serviced by the same chap who did my scoob, and he used hydrallic INSERT INTO post VALUES (sorry - spelling) fluid, ive since used mitsu dealer, not because of what he used but because the dealer is nearer.

Brind
27-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Scoobies don't have AYC INSERT INTO post VALUES (Active Yaw Control); at least not the same as ours.

Lee
27-05-2003, 09:17 PM
Brind - read it again

I used to have my vr4 serviced by the same chap who did my scoob

Brind
27-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Me bad..

I read it quick and it looked as though you said, the guy used hydraulic fluid on the Subaru. :)