PDA

View Full Version : Galant spotting - in Chicago

HMG1K
03-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Just arrived in Chicago for the weekend and boy to the Yanks love their Galants!

I've spotted 5 x 8th generation models (one on the hard shoulder after having shunted a Toyota!) - plus 2 x 9th generation models (they are so non-descript in the metal), 1 x Diamante and 4 Lancers - all on a 30 minute taxi journey.

What I cant understand is why did the USDM models have different tail lights to the rest of the world? Makes them look ugly. It can't be purley for the red-flashing rear indicators. I saw an Audi A5 on the way from the airport to the hotel just now and that had the standard lights, but the red tail lights flashed as indicators.

ANTHONY
04-10-2008, 08:58 PM
i'm like that when I go away .......................I get ''you sado'' from the wife

White Lightning
04-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Ditto ... LOL

HMG1K
04-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Hehehe! I'm over here on my own on 'business' - the girlfriend is safely back home!

Rikki
05-10-2008, 09:05 PM
I am currently living in California just now and they are everywhere. A 9th gen sits outside in the car park and everywhere I go the only car I am able to spot is the G haha, much to the annoyance of the girlfriend.

The front ends are different as well over here, much, much more ugly!

HMG1K
05-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Seen for the first time a new Lancer saloon in standard guise (I know many of you have seen these in the metal before but it was a first for me today!). Then I saw a Volvo S40.

Now, both cars share a similar front end 'nose' - with the Lancer more aggressive, if not tame, in comparison. The higher end Volvos look better, so got me thinking if Mitsubishi brought out a 10G Galant, using the new corporate nose, bigger and butcher styling (like that Photoshop'd black Galant estate that keeps doing the rounds) it would look fab! Could still be possible!

Ryan
05-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Now, both cars share a similar front end 'nose' - with the Lancer more aggressive, if not tame, in comparison.

:inquisiti :speechles

HMG1K
05-10-2008, 11:04 PM
:inquisiti :speechles

Yeah, you know - angled front headlight, the way they meet the bonnet edge line, the rough looking similar front goaty nose! :inquisiti

Ryan
05-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Your statement is contradictory: with the Lancer more aggressive, if not tame, in comparison.

Is it agressive or tame? It can't be both :)