PDA

View Full Version : Pro Shop Iida Lightened Flywheel

SiliconAngel
07-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Apparently some of you have the Pro Shop Iida clutch kits with the lightened flywheel. I sent an email to RHD over the weekend asking if the flywheel could be purchased separately, and they said the flywheel is designed to fit that clutch kit and PSI couldn't guarantee fitment with any other clutch (such as an Exedy HD) but they ARE willing to supply the flywheel separately.

I'm interested to know if anyone with a PSI lightened flywheel has attempted to line it up with another clutch, or if no one knows?

Thanks!

Gowf
07-10-2008, 05:55 PM
As far as i know it should be fine. I have one on mine, although its now getting replaced with an ATS twin plate carbon. I did just buy the kit originaly though and it does come with an exedy single plate 4 puck clutch and an exedy uprated pressure plate. So i really cant see why any other clutch wouldnt fit. What clutch is it your after?

SiliconAngel
08-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Thanks Gowf. I've already got an Exedy MBK-7223HD that should be arriving in the next day or so - sounds like the same clutch you've been running. Do you know what the weight difference between the stock flywheel is vs the PSI one?

Due to my enquiry RHD Japan have now added the flywheel to their website (http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Pro-Shop-Iida-Chromoly-Flywheel-EC5A-Galant-EC5W-Legnum-55473) ;)

Gly
08-10-2008, 08:12 AM
wow those are expensive,

SRD here in NZ make them to order, you can even specify the weight,

http://www.srd.net.nz/

and only $450 NZD + shipping

Gly
08-10-2008, 08:29 AM
if anyones keen im might be getting the SRD item,

and can save a few $$ if i order 2,

am in talks with him now about weights,

apperently the stock item is 8kg -ish,
the one he has done is 7-7.5kg -ish,

ive asked if he can do a 6 to 6.5kg item.

nothing confirmed as yet,

Nutter_John
08-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Stock is around 9.1kg , when WRD was around we got some made up that were 7.1 kg but the design of them kept the strenght in the middle

SiliconAngel
08-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Carsten depends on price & how quickly they can be done & shipped - somehow I don't think I'd get one here by mid next week. If it could I'd be keen, but if not I won't be interested in taking my transmission apart again for a while...

Gly
08-10-2008, 09:18 AM
yeh probabilly wouldnt be that quick, $400 nzd-ish

ever thought about getting the stock item machined, and lighten a bit at the same time?

SiliconAngel
08-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Yea I'll be discussing it with the machine shop when I take it in next week.

Gowf
08-10-2008, 06:52 PM
As far as i can remember they're around 5kg's. Never had any problem with the lightness on hill or on labouring at all. All in all a good clutch.