PDA

View Full Version : New Custom Bonnet

VR4WGN
08-10-2008, 08:23 PM
hey people,im new to this site and finding it hard to navigate round,as a few New Zealanders may know im the Legnum Guy,i make and supply almost anything to do with Legnums and Galants,i am making a new bonnet and need input as it costs alot to make anarticle so i have 5 designs i want peoples vote on wich one is most liked and that ill put into production and will be for sale on trademe,and elsewhare if i know how to,the black Colourd areas represent the vented side so if it faces forward its front vented and visa verse,please let me know if you may,and if you think i need to list this elseware as im not good with using this site,thanx,
quinton

Louis
08-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Firstly, well done for doing what your doing!.
Personaly I would say the main big central vent is to let the under bonnet heat out, and side vent to let air in to the air filter.
So closest would be P3, the vents facing the right way, but with the side vent further forward so the air hits the intake!, just my suggestion.
Where can we see a list of what other parts you have made, or can supply?. cheers

pitslayer
09-10-2008, 12:41 AM
i would like to see a bonnet with just a little triangular vent on the one side of the bonnet, keep the stealth look about them, as i dont lie the evo type bonnets

VR4WGN
10-10-2008, 08:12 PM
thanx man,i apreciate it,i sell all my kits etc on www.trademe.co.nz if you search username ernz3 youll find me,i dont have much listed now as im in the middle of making custom stereo surrounds for the legnum/galant with the top vent removed an a guage pod thqat inserts,thanx
quinton

VR4WGN
10-10-2008, 08:13 PM
i would like to see a bonnet with just a little triangular vent on the one side of the bonnet, keep the stealth look about them, as i dont lie the evo type bonnets
you mean one of the side vents i designed,but just 1 on the air intake side??

pitslayer
10-10-2008, 09:47 PM
like the evo bonnet they make, but with out the center vent, just the little one on the side which can be seen here on spirits loveyly car
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2672&cat=583

VR4WGN
11-10-2008, 01:08 AM
like the evo bonnet they make, but with out the center vent, just the little one on the side which can be seen here on spirits loveyly car
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2672&cat=583
yea mate thats easy as standard oem bonnet(facelift style i take it),with the pod vent inserted,its easy enuf to do,i might try it and see how the sales go

bradc
11-10-2008, 01:44 AM
You don't really want an intake in the middle of the bonnet like how you've got some of the designs. All that it will do is suck air into the engine bay and pressurise it which is a bad thing for radiator flow.

You want an exit in the middle of the engine bay just after the radiator to suck cool air out of the engine bay.

The side vents will be 99% cosmetic, they don't matter so much.

Basically it means P1, P2, P5 are out.

P3 and P4 are similar, just that the middle vent should be as close as possible to the back of the radiator and fans, so P4 is probably going to be better, but obviously the vent location can be moved a bit backwards or forwards to suit.

Click on my username, then gallery and have a look at my vented bonnet. It's main vent is PERFECT for sucking hot air out of the radiator and away from the engine

thfelipeth
11-10-2008, 01:28 PM
23980i would say same thing as bradc. pic 4 is the best i reckon for the same reasons he gave, but maybe getting rid of the left vent and changing the right to an intake vent would be great for getting cold air straight to the engine, and leave the middle like it is. its a nice vent unlike the popular evo style. put up another drawing with the new ideas if you keen o like them.. cheers, good luck.

bradc
11-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Nahh I like symmetry :)

VR4WGN
11-10-2008, 08:29 PM
23980i would say same thing as bradc. pic 4 is the best i reckon for the same reasons he gave, but maybe getting rid of the left vent and changing the right to an intake vent would be great for getting cold air straight to the engine, and leave the middle like it is. its a nice vent unlike the popular evo style. put up another drawing with the new ideas if you keen o like them.. cheers, good luck.
thanx 4 that but see theres one prob.. its looking too common,im a uniqe guy i make uniqueness and evryone loves it,um i selected this style purely for difference theyr my own designs out of my head,and my project vr4 will be having this type,i am not selling the evo style bonnet much anymore as evo is yesterdays news,i want current lol,,but thanx,um im also just making stereo surrounds that replace the centre vent to fit guages into,ill have thm on trademe in bout 1 month,check out my username ernz3 for products,thanx

VR4WGN
11-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Nahh I like symmetry :)
same bro same:scholar:

thfelipeth
12-10-2008, 06:00 AM
thanx 4 that but see theres one prob.. its looking too common,im a uniqe guy i make uniqueness and evryone loves it,um i selected this style purely for difference theyr my own designs out of my head,and my project vr4 will be having this type,i am not selling the evo style bonnet much anymore as evo is yesterdays news,i want current lol,,but thanx,um im also just making stereo surrounds that replace the centre vent to fit guages into,ill have thm on trademe in bout 1 month,check out my username ernz3 for products,thanx ye i get you! lol just thought of it being more than just looks thats all.. do you have a pic of the gauges holder you're talking about? cheers..and yes evos are very much old news.

VR4WGN
12-10-2008, 09:10 AM
ye i get you! lol just thought of it being more than just looks thats all.. do you have a pic of the gauges holder you're talking about? cheers..and yes evos are very much old news.
lol alguds bro.. um i will tomorrow,im just making the cups ,tomorrow i might have 1 cluster dun,then i just gota mold it and way we go,im thinking of buying a bulk deal of guages and sell the vent replacements complete with guages but are not too sure yet,ideas please people,thanx

pitslayer
13-10-2008, 02:10 AM
what about cibie style headlights for under 500 quid....or under 300, preferably under 200?

VR4 MAD
13-10-2008, 03:32 AM
................im just making the cups ,tomorrow i might have 1 cluster dun,then i just gota mold it and way we go

What size (diameter) gauges are you intending the cups to take? 60mm or the smaller 52mm.

Could be interested if they take 60mm gauges.

/toycar

d i c k i e s
13-10-2008, 04:20 AM
what about cibie style headlights for under 500 quid....or under 300, preferably under 200?

LOL you can have mine for 500quid... hahahaha. (the real mccoy)

thfelipeth
13-10-2008, 04:54 AM
lol alguds bro.. um i will tomorrow,im just making the cups ,tomorrow i might have 1 cluster dun,then i just gota mold it and way we go,im thinking of buying a bulk deal of guages and sell the vent replacements complete with guages but are not too sure yet,ideas please people,thanx hey can you make a CIBIES? the headlights??? because the real ones are very expensive. i'm sure alot of us would buy them! thanks....how about vented side guards??? or a rear bumper with a diffuser? just ideas! thanks... by the way where do you make all this???

bradc
13-10-2008, 06:37 AM
A rear bumper with a diffuser such as a late model ferrari would be awesome :D

VR4WGN
13-10-2008, 07:48 AM
hmmmm.....

VR4WGN
13-10-2008, 07:49 AM
What size (diameter) gauges are you intending the cups to take? 60mm or the smaller 52mm.

Could be interested if they take 60mm gauges.

/toycar
i can make them to order man.any size

VR4WGN
13-10-2008, 07:53 AM
hey can you make a CIBIES? the headlights??? because the real ones are very expensive. i'm sure alot of us would buy them! thanks....how about vented side guards??? or a rear bumper with a diffuser? just ideas! thanks... by the way where do you make all this???
sup man i make them in my garage,thru my cancer stint i was not allowd working so i used the recovery times between chemo seshs at the glass factory and tought alot and learnt alot,now i do it all myself,i can make whatever people want,i am in the process of molding legnum rear bumpers with rear lip fused as 1 complete kit

Kenneth
13-10-2008, 07:54 AM
A rear bumper with a diffuser such as a late model ferrari would be awesome :D

That and a full under-tray.

VR4WGN
13-10-2008, 07:55 AM
guys i need to get registered before we can do any buisness i gota email from the big boss on here,so please alow me a week or so to become legal,but if you wanna view my stuff,trademe username ernz3 you can view there

VR4WGN
13-10-2008, 07:56 AM
That and a full under-tray.
why a full undertray?? all this excess weight make them gemz slower???

bradc
13-10-2008, 07:56 AM
a full undertray would be great too for high speed driving. It won't weigh very much.

VR4WGN
13-10-2008, 08:10 AM
a full undertray would be great too for high speed driving. It won't weigh very much.
hmmm i dont know too much lol,umif your all interested and can confirm me 6 buyers minimum(to Fund the cost of producing the molds),then ill make it forsure but want some designs or pics so i know what im doing lol:scholar:

bradc
13-10-2008, 08:27 AM
I doubt we'll be able to organise 6 people to make the undertrays, but the rear bumper should be do-able

VR4WGN
13-10-2008, 08:30 AM
I doubt we'll be able to organise 6 people to make the undertrays, but the rear bumper should be do-able
wiked man,well you sus me people and a few weeks and ill do it,but.. what style rear do we go for?? i have the sonar(ground effects style)thats nice and bulky,im using this kit on my new project legnum as im gonna run 10" on the rear and 9" on fron,guard mods needed tho,im sussing the front guards too

VR4WGN
13-10-2008, 08:31 AM
BTW cud you get me a pic of this undertray?? i wanna see it

Louis
13-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Once you get registered on here, can you sell to us through the site? ( as an alternative to trademe), as I am interested in some of the bits you are talking about, but trademe won't even let me ask anyone a question!, I can't register as I'm not in NZ. Also can you post up a pic of the gauge, centre section dash..., cheers Louis :)

VR4WGN
13-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Once you get registered on here, can you sell to us through the site? ( as an alternative to trademe), as I am interested in some of the bits you are talking about, but trademe won't even let me ask anyone a question!, I can't register as I'm not in NZ. Also can you post up a pic of the gauge, centre section dash..., cheers Louis :)
yea sure man,im sure thie site owner said it was sweet,ill try get a pic up htis week,im just so buzi soz flick me an message and ill keep intouch
Quinton

bradc
13-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Have a look around for Ferrari 360 undertray, you'll see what I mean. Basically the bottom of the car is completely flat. This is designed to reduce air resistance and lift from underneath the car.

thfelipeth
13-10-2008, 12:17 PM
24001ye man. a nisuttle diffuser in the back of the legnum would look awesome and useful in high speeds.... i reckon the bottom of the legnum is pretty flat so a front undertray would be more useful ireckon.. and if you ad the rear diffuser to that it pretty good aye! but first i guess you need pics or sketches. cheers. found this diffuser and un24003dertray online

pitslayer
13-10-2008, 02:18 PM
LOL you can have mine for 500quid... hahahaha. (the real mccoy)

I cant afford 500 on headlights...nor can i justify it /lol

wonder if you could make a kit to build cibies out of stock lights.....to be fair thought if everyone bought them i wouldnt have them
reaer diffuser i might go for though

VR4WGN
13-10-2008, 07:35 PM
I cant afford 500 on headlights...nor can i justify it /lol

wonder if you could make a kit to build cibies out of stock lights.....to be fair thought if everyone bought them i wouldnt have them
reaer diffuser i might go for though
explain to me what cibies is please,im a dumb brunette man,i only know cosmetics lol,not hardcore stuff,but am learning lol

peter thomson
13-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Here's a pic with some nice foglights as well

pitslayer
13-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Here's a pic with some nice foglights as well
OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

djb160
14-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Don't like the foggies but go the CIBIEs

bradc
14-10-2008, 03:22 AM
I dislike both those fogs and the cibies! I don't see the fascination with the cibies myself. they are ugly and un aerodynamic

scott.mohekey
14-10-2008, 03:24 AM
Do they not have a glass or otherwise cover over them, like the stock lights? In other words, is the surface lumpy as?

thfelipeth
14-10-2008, 04:04 AM
i guess cibies is the next best thing after stocks... because eyelids are just plain lame and a cheap look.... so unless someone comes up with another design and VR4WGN can make them, then cibies is what i would go for?

VR4WGN
14-10-2008, 06:53 AM
brad i must say im wit you on this 1,they look so naked.....it makes the whole thing look like a north african version of a wind up rocket with the lates(oldest)technology.i like the factory better,even better than the halos them ripoffs on trademe are selling,theyr gay..... but evry1 to their own ay??sorry guys ....too much of a mish anyway,but but people if you all want a 1 piece rear end let me know im almost convinced to mold a 1 piece,but need the input aye... also i cud do some air diffusers for you Kenneth and the rest if you want.they look easy az

VR4WGN
14-10-2008, 06:55 AM
i guess cibies is the next best thing after stocks... because eyelids are just plain lame and a cheap look.... so unless someone comes up with another design and VR4WGN can make them, then cibies is what i would go for?
um if theres the demaand then yes i will make them,but i wONT Be having any for me lol,gay az

d i c k i e s
14-10-2008, 07:43 AM
hahahaha haters...

VR4WGN
14-10-2008, 07:52 AM
hahahaha haters...
lol...

VR4WGN
14-10-2008, 07:53 AM
hey guys do i needa start a new forum or something to discuss this bumper??

bradc
14-10-2008, 08:14 AM
you mean the rear undertray part? yeah sure

djb160
16-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Have we got a redirect from here to the above mentioned thread?

VR4 MAD
06-11-2008, 04:42 AM
Quinton, just a picture I found the other day of a custom 8G bonnet design with multiple large louvers.

This isn't something I would have myself, but you and others who are thinking about different styles and wondering what they may look like when finished, well this may help with the visualisation.

/toycar

scott.mohekey
06-11-2008, 04:57 AM
I quite like this bonnet, its nice and subtle. I'm not sure how it would perform though. And I have to say I really don't like the front bumper style, but that's just me, never liked the evo style.

VR4WGN
26-11-2008, 07:32 PM
hmmm i have that front on the lancer lol,i hacked the centre bit up and made it flow as one,so the air flows thru the intercooler and out the evo vent,looks mean,lol
the new bonnet is shaped and ready now for smoothing off,then molding it,just got the underneath to mold but thats not a biggy,the top is whts been the highlight lol,i can take orders wile i make the bottom lol

alendil
26-11-2008, 10:47 PM
how much and chow much for postage to uk

thfelipeth
27-11-2008, 06:55 AM
hmmm i have that front on the lancer lol,i hacked the centre bit up and made it flow as one,so the air flows thru the intercooler and out the evo vent,looks mean,lol
the new bonnet is shaped and ready now for smoothing off,then molding it,just got the underneath to mold but thats not a biggy,the top is whts been the highlight lol,i can take orders wile i make the bottom lol heya! could you post up pictures of the stuff you're making.. just a a guide? thanks i'm still trynna figure out a style for you to look at and maybe make for me lol! thanks

VR4WGN
27-11-2008, 06:59 PM
how much and chow much for postage to uk
what was tht for matey?

VR4WGN
27-11-2008, 07:01 PM
heya! could you post up pictures of the stuff you're making.. just a a guide? thanks i'm still trynna figure out a style for you to look at and maybe make for me lol! thanks
ill endevour to reduce pix sizes and post pics of what i do and hve and can make:pimp2:

Evolved
12-12-2012, 07:38 AM

nice.. similar to what im thinking of doing..

but the vents would be evo 3 style.