PDA

View Full Version : Strange beeping!!!

nick-f1
21-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Hi Guys picked up my Legnum yesterday! Haven't had so much fun for ages, WOW WHAT A CAR! But on my way back from a gig at swanage last night, I kept getting this beeping from the a/c console area every few minutes all the way home, about 30 miles. It started with 3 beeps at intervals and increased to 10 beeps then dropped back to 3 again. The outside temp was 8*c so it couldn't be an ice warning, and there were no warning lights on or anything untoward. Very strange, the pioneer cd player is in the same area it could have been that I suppose, any ideas folks? Also cannot read the fuel / temp gauges in the dark although backlit the needles dont light up like the others Is this normal? a careful ploy to ease the bloodpressure so you cannot see the fuel level dropping like a stone perhaps?

Cheers
Still grinning-- Nick :-D :-D

Physician
21-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Congratulations Nick ...... awesome aren't they. Sorry can't help you as I've only just got mine. Were you travelling home in reverse gear ....... maybe that was the alarm sound?? !! Lol! Or possibly a door or boot slightly open and the alarm was telling you?

Brind
21-03-2004, 02:35 PM
LOL @ Driving backwards :-D

The climate control does beep when the temperature falls below zero but it will only beep once.
Can't think of anything that would beep like you say..

The fuel and temp gauge needles should also be lit.

Nick VR4
21-03-2004, 03:03 PM
MMm odd
It could be your stereo at a guess
Does it have any gadgets with it
I know mine a VDO has controls like
1) A temp control setting that bleeps
2) A speed setting that will bleep at a set speed (disabled lol)
3) Settings for Traffic etc etc and if you loose signal will beep

Or it maybe your temp sender is a bit temperamental

nick-f1
21-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Hi, I think it maybe the stereo and the auto news thingy service as it hasn't been doing it today. Thanks anyway will investigate further when I can gethold of a manual for it. Might get one off the 'net somewhere. And I was travelling home forwards!!!!!! Heh Heh! :thinking:

Nick.