PDA

View Full Version : Learner driver ....

Physician
21-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Hi Guys,

Question ...... I have been out this afternoon with the deliberate intention of learning how far I can push this VR4. Nothing outrageous (don't want to scratch it!!) but on a large roundabout I noticed that an orange warning light came on at top right of the instrument panel ...... pic of a car with skid marks underneath it. At the same time the AYC green bars were lit up. The car wasn't having any issues and powered around without a problem.

What was the orange warning? Is it the traction control, and if so, why the warning light? Just to tell me it's 'operating' or is it telling me it ISN'T operating - or something needs oil or whatever?

Thanks for any words of wisdom for this novice. - It was so much easier in my V12 E Type ...... the back end started going in the wrong direction and you just KNEW something was awry!! All you had to do was clean/wash underwear on returning home.

Kieran
21-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Yep - That orange light is the traction control light, and as far as I know it does light up to let you know it's assisting you:)

The AYC bars do the same thing. The more bars that are lit up, the more assistance the AYC system is providing! :beerbang:

SGHOM
21-03-2004, 05:21 PM
The more bars that are lit up, the more assistance the AYC system is providing! :beerbang:
& the more fun your having !!! :-b :-b

Physician
21-03-2004, 05:36 PM
& the more fun your having !!! :-b :-b

Obviousy not enough as only two AYC bars :undecided

Japmetal
21-03-2004, 06:25 PM
You guys need AYC and Traction control to have fun ? you just haven't lived .....

KiwiTT
21-03-2004, 10:37 PM
TC can be a nuisance. It has hit me twice at the wrong time.

However I have yet to get the AYC to 3 bars. I am probably not driving hard-enough yet. Still a "learner" VR-4 driver.

Spirit
21-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Yep three bars is the way to go - mind you I have only done this on a track, but by god it's fun :-D :-D :-D

Nick Mann
22-03-2004, 10:44 AM
I have hit three bars. Not easy to do - tends to be at slow speed with lots of power and plenty of tarmac! If I hit 3 bars at over 30ish I think I may stain the seats!!

zedy1
22-03-2004, 04:35 PM
ive hit all three bars going in a straight line :-D :-D

Nick Mann
22-03-2004, 05:48 PM
I did that, but in the snow! Brilliant experience. Still well under 30, though!!

Physician
22-03-2004, 06:32 PM
I did that, but in the snow! Brilliant experience. Still well under 30, though!!

That's interesting .... does it really control it or does it slide about?

Nick Mann
22-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Have you ever watched a gravel stage start on the rally? You know, where all four wheels skitter about as they try to find grip.... Nearest I've ever come to that, I think. Brilliant!!