PDA

View Full Version : Not able to delete unwanted Pictures from my Uploaded Images folder

Wodjno
14-10-2008, 10:21 AM
I am not able to delete unwanted Pictures from my Uploaded Images folder . It currently says the following ! Attachment StatisticsYou are currently using 51.74 MB to store 832 uploaded attachments.

The reason i can't delete any is because there are no tick boxesw against the pictures, so as to highlight them for deletion ? Well there are a few but only next to my most recent uploaded pics which total around 5-6 pics..

Help Muchly appreciated /yes

From a NON VR4 owner

Kieran
14-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Hmm! You've been using the ClubVR-4 uploader quite a bit!

Looking through some notes that Barry wrote (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16253), each user has a quota of 50MB and you can't delete images once uploaded - It's designed to be permanent. I don't want to increase the quota limit right now as we're short on disk space at the moment.

Rather than use the Club Uploader, can you attach images in the method described here? If you can, do that for now.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=152318

As a short term fix, if you can give me some threads with pictures that aren't needed any more, I can probably delete the images using the Admin interface.

Wodjno
14-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Hmm! You've been using the ClubVR-4 uploader quite a bit!

Looking through some notes that Barry wrote (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16253), each user has a quota of 50MB and you can't delete images once uploaded - It's designed to be permanent. I don't want to increase the quota limit right now as we're short on disk space at the moment.

Rather than use the Club Uploader, can you attach images in the method described here? If you can, do that for now.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=152318

As a short term fix, if you can give me some threads with pictures that aren't needed any more, I can probably delete the images using the Admin interface.

I have been a Member for over 5 years /yes

Most of the pics seem to be from when i was of work and uploaded pics from the Nurburgring WEB Cam .. that was 1 every 1min all day :speechles

I'll get you the thread details /yes

Cheers

WODJ ..

Wodjno
14-10-2008, 12:10 PM
For a MOD that can help :speechles

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24595&highlight=Track+Closed

This is the thread thats the prob.. But don't know if you can delete them from my quota by using the thread /Hmmm

But hopefully you can /yes

Cheers

WODJ

Kieran
14-10-2008, 07:08 PM
That isn't the problem thread Glenn - You've Attached those images, rather than uploaded them. 'Attached' Images aren't quota'd. Uploaded images are.

An example of an image you've uploaded would be the recent pictures of your new Aristo; indeed some of those images are nearly half a meg each on their own, so it's not hard to see why you've hit the quota.

As mentioned in Barry's guidelines above (which I think we all forgot about, or in my case, um didn't even know about! /pan), Uploads are meant to be for serious stuff that'll bugger up a thread if the picture disappears - EG member's articles. For other stuff attachments can be used, though there is a size restruction on these.

So, for now use attachments, and regarding your uploaded area, I think there might be a way for me to pull off a list of the pictures in there for you to check through without me needing to open each one, which should protect your privacy.... Though as I type I've just tried to open said list and got a sodding SQL error /pan /pan. I'll get back to you on that. :)

Wodjno
14-10-2008, 07:20 PM
So i'm not looking in the right place then ? To delete these Pics i mean.. Can you do an Idiot guide to where i should be looking /yes
I mean ! Just in case theres any Idiots on here /Hmmm

Kieran
14-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Can you do an Idiot guide to where i should be looking /yes

There isn't - That's the problem! Barry designed it to be a one-way ticket and as such there's no way to view/edit the images (except by going through threads). That's what I mean when I say I'll need to try and get a list together for you.

Wodjno
14-10-2008, 07:24 PM
There isn't - That's the problem! Barry designed it to be a one-way ticket and as such there's no way to view/edit the images (except by going through threads). That's what I mean when I say I'll need to try and get a list together for you.

Hmmm.. Those Aristo Images were in the list of attachments.. And they allowed me to delete them as they had a tick box to highlight /yes

Kieran
14-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Hmmm.. Those Aristo Images were in the list of attachments.. And they allowed me to delete them as they had a tick box to highlight /yes

Meh?! Oh.... Erm, okay, can you post a screenshot of where you can see the tick box?

Wodjno
14-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Meh?! Oh.... Erm, okay, can you post a screenshot of where you can see the tick box?

I deleted them.. So there aren't any more tick boxes :speechles

Kieran
14-10-2008, 10:07 PM
I deleted them.. So there aren't any more tick boxes :speechles

Okay, talk me through where you clicked.

So you were viewing the post.... Then what? Presumably you clicked edit and...

Wodjno
14-10-2008, 10:10 PM

I go to where it says WODJNO at the top of the screen.. Click it and in the drop down menu click on control panel.. When that screen opens , go over to the left hand side of the screen and straight to the bottom, where it says attachments (Under Miselaneous) Click there .. And thats what brings the screen up where all the attachments are /yes

MILLIONS OF THEM :(

Spirit
14-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Yep thats the place Glenn, and can confirm the Aristo pics where uploaded so could be deleted if you wanted to.

Spirit
14-10-2008, 10:18 PM
According to the stats, there are 3147 uploaded pics.....and Glenn has uploaded 832 of them, and I have upload 962......so that's 1798 (or 57%) of the whole club between us !!! :speechles

Kieran
14-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I go to where it says WODJNO at the top of the screen.. Click it and in the drop down menu click on control panel.. When that screen opens , go over to the left hand side of the screen and straight to the bottom, where it says attachments (Under Miselaneous) Click there .. And thats what brings the screen up where all the attachments are /yes

Aaaah...... I understand now!

Hmm, I do remember Barry setting a 'Edit Expiry' on posts to prevent people deleting stuff out of spite. Looks like this applies to attachments too? I'll check it out.

Wodjno
14-10-2008, 10:20 PM
According to the stats, there are 3147 uploaded pics.....and Glenn has uploaded 832 of them, and I have upload 962......so that's 1798 (or 57%) of the whole club !!! :speechles

SOWWEEEEEeee :(

It was just a couple of days of boredom when you were at the Ring Pete /pan

Spirit
14-10-2008, 10:21 PM
SOWWEEEEEeee :(

It was just a couple of days of boredom when you were at the Ring Pete /pan

Yeah.....but what's my excuse ! /lol

Kieran
14-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Okay, for a starter for ten I'll zap those ring piccies and that should free up quite a bit of space for you - Sorry for the confusion there!

Wodjno
14-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah.....but what's my excuse ! /lol

What do you mean Excuse :inquisiti

It's all your fault :D

Kieran
14-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Right, well zapping those attachments alone has reduced your count to 329. I'll see if I can find the switch that controls how far back you can edit your posts and see what it's set too. Sounds like it might be a little too restrictive.

Holler if you need owt else :)

Wodjno
14-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Right, well zapping those attachments alone has reduced your count to 329. I'll see if I can find the switch that controls how far back you can edit your posts and see what it's set too. Sounds like it might be a little too restrictive.

Holler if you need owt else :)

Cheers Sir Kieralot :iloveyou:

ANTHONY
14-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Cheers Sir Kieralot :iloveyou: only taken two pages to sort :speechles

nismoevo
01-11-2008, 08:45 AM
why can i not delete old pictures i have upload or old threads i have started etc??

Kieran
01-11-2008, 01:21 PM
why can i not delete old pictures i have upload or old threads i have started etc??

A few years ago now we had problems with people going back and deleting posts with useful information out of spite - So there's now a time-lock on post editing.

Atik
29-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Is there any fix to this now that we've migrated to a new place?

I've just hit my 50MB limit and would like to delete a number of them. Some of my early ones, actually, most of my pics are non-important and my pics can be removed. I only have the stuff that I used to show various mods and upgrades. Got no essential items, so all my early uploaded pics can go.

Wodjno
29-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Was thinking the same thing at the weekend /yes

MarkSanne
30-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I'd suggest it's 2009 and online discspace isn't that expensive as it used to be, so maybe an upgrade to 100MB per user?

elnevio
30-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Wayne will tell us the ins and outs if it's not possible, but seeing as we're now on our own dedicated server and not limited to the silly space that HU offered, I would have thought an increase in the limit is viable?

Atik
30-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Just as I work out the attachments on this site :D

An increase in storage space would be useful, but I would like to see if I can get most of my pics removed or something. I will be able to use the attach tags now that I have worked them out!

White Lightning
04-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Apologies for not getting to this one sooner ... I think that an increase in the quota now makes sense. I will have a look into what's involved.

White Lightning
04-07-2009, 10:31 AM
OK, I have increased the quota to 100MB per member ... Atik/Wodj can you please confirm this has resolved the issue for you?

Atik
04-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Yup, maximum folder size is 100MB and I have currently 49.75MB used :) Means I got plenty of space now. Still could do with deleting some of the random ones

Cheers Wayne