PDA

View Full Version : Manual Conversion

newsboyben
21-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Has Anyonedone A Conversion For A 97 Vr4 Sedan?????as I'm Having A Few Problems Getting It Right...so Far I've Changed The The Box,flywheel Put A Triple Plate 1000hp Clutch In It,changed The Ecu To The Manual One,......but My Ayc And Abs Lights R On And R Not Sure Why???(maybe Resetting The Ecu Will Help?)....also A Week After Changing It My Rear Diff Blew..... Do The Diffs Need To Be Changed Over As Well??... Iheard That They Run Different Ratios To The Auto Hence The Possiblilty Of My Front And Centre Diffs Blowing Too.....any Advice Or Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated....

psbarham
11-01-2005, 10:06 PM
just looked on the resources section and all the ratios are different which basically means the front and rear wheels are trying to to turn at different speeds and as the centre diff sends more power to the rear wheels its the rear that goes with a very expensive pop first . sorry i can't give you any good news about the conversion , I've been toying with the idea of converting the box in my v6 but after reading all the elec problems you have had i won't bother . good luck any way hope you find a way round it all .

zedy1
11-01-2005, 10:58 PM
ive cganged my vr4 to manual and apart from a oil leak from a drive shaft seal every thing seems fine.

ps how much did you pay for the clutch?

wirdy
11-01-2005, 11:44 PM
just looked on the resources section and all the ratios are different which basically means the front and rear wheels are trying to to turn at different speeds and as the centre diff sends more power to the rear wheels its the rear that goes with a very expensive pop first . sorry i can't give you any good news about the conversion , I've been toying with the idea of converting the box in my v6 but after reading all the elec problems you have had i won't bother . good luck any way hope you find a way round it all .

Gear ratios wouldn't cause a problem as they are prior to the input into the 4WD system.
Rear AYC diffs are the same (manual / tip) at 3.684

Think newsboyben has just been unlucky with a coincidental diff failure- they do happen.