PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle Speedos

Mirko
21-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Hello!

I´ve found a company at Austria that makes so called freestyle speedos.
That means:
You can choose the background color of your meters
You can choose the color and the style of your numbers at the meters
You can choose the color of the light
You can add own arts at your meters

That´s a very good thing because to get an HC is expensive and it´s tricky to makes it work.
This company also makes speedos with the "Invisible effect". That means the speedo ist completly dark (or silver or which color YOU whant) and you only can see the numbers if the turn on your lights. Like a HC.
This freestyle meters are replace the original meters. The company can make this speedos for every car.

For the boys with an mph-speedo: He just need a high qualitiy pic of the original meters to see how the numbers are odered.

Some now could say: This must be quite expensive! No! :-b
For a set you´ll pay 69,- Euro plus 10,- Euro for transport. Maybe the transport into the UK is a little bit more expensive, but it´s still a very interesting price isn´t it?

I´ve orderd my new meters a week ago. I thought I should wait till the new speedo is fixed and that I planed to post it with some pics but at the general chat here at the forum it´s an similar thread so I post it now.

If you what to see some products of this Company click at the link and then click on "Freestyle Tacho Gallerie" at the right site.
BOS Tuning Art (http://www.tuningart.at/shop/index.html)

If you are interessted please post here.

I hope my new speedo will arive this week. I can´t wait!

Nick Mann
28-03-2004, 11:24 AM
This is good info! Looking forward to the pics of the finished job!

Mirko
28-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Tuesday my new speedo is fixed. Then I´ll post the pics.
If anyone want to get such thing too I´ll help you if there are problems with the ordering.

Mirko
01-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Now I have my new speedo.

It´s looking much better in reality.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/344000-344999/344900_128_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/344000-344999/344900_130_full.jpg

Ok, this night pic is very bad, but still I´m not able to take good pics at night. Maybe I´ve to take a look at the manual.
At night the speedo is really glowing. Just great!

I´ve made a little misetake. I´ve send a scan of Galant speedos to the manufactor. I took a scan of an GDI-Galant. Now my red line starts already at 6000 rpm.
Well, but that´s not a big problem.

nick-f1
01-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Hi Mirko, great clocks by the way!. Now you are the expert on fitting hi res clocks I wonder if you can help me. On my legnum h/r clocks the needles on the fuel and temp gauges do not light up at night. Any ideas please to fix this problem ?

Regards
Nick.

Mirko
01-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Oh, thanks for your compliment! I hope I can help you.

I think you´ll have to change the needles becouse it´s light leading needles. The only way to repair it is to change those needles. But that´s not a typical problem of the Galant, I never heard it before.

The replace is not a big problem but I would let it fix at your MMC service because the needles are at avery thin pin and this pin can be damaged easy when the needles where put on it.

nick-f1
02-04-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks for yr reply, I have only had the car 2 weeks and on reading the service printouts for my legnum i noted that it has been into the mmc dealer to have this fixed twice before in the last 2.5 yrs. Both times they have charged for a fuse, the second time (last year) they charged for a dash circuit board as well, is there a fuse behind the clocks or controlling the feed other than the two fuse blocks ( under dashboard and engine bay) fitted to the car? It seems this is not covered by the warranty.

Thanks
Nick.

Mirko
04-04-2004, 12:04 AM
The dash light must be covered by the warranty. But if this happens more than once there must be a problem. Maybe too much power to the lights?

I think there´s only one fuse for the complete dash light. And I think expect the the fuse boxes there are no other fuses.

Mirko
06-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Finally I got a correct RPM-disc and a silver/red AT-gear-display.
This is the final look.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/344000-344999/344900_189_full.jpg