PDA

View Full Version : Bulbs ....

Physician
22-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Just to save me a bit of time ..... does anyone know what bulb is used for front 'side lights' on pre facelift VR4 1998. One of mine has gone 'DIM'. (Dipped and high beam are OK).

Thanks

Richard

vr4ever
22-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Just to save me a bit of time ..... does anyone know what bulb is used for front 'side lights' on pre facelift VR4 1998. One of mine has gone 'DIM'. (Dipped and high beam are OK).

Thanks

Richard

U must be looking at those common "pull out " small bulbs.
PM me your address and I'll send u a set as I have spares.

Physician
22-03-2004, 09:28 AM
U must be looking at those common "pull out " small bulbs.
PM me your address and I'll send u a set as I have spares.

Thats very kind of you but I need to get it done today ...... or the 'law' will nab me.

Richard

vr4ever
22-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Thats very kind of you but I need to get it done today ...... or the 'law' will nab me.

Richard

But I do not know the name or the exact size of the bulb...just by sight as I've mine changed also due to a blown bulb !
Gee...the laws in UK is pretty strict for blown lights especially for the small driving lights ?

enigma
22-03-2004, 10:25 AM
But I do not know the name or the exact size of the bulb...just by sight as I've mine changed also due to a blown bulb !
Gee...the laws in UK is pretty strict for blown lights especially for the small driving lights ?

The laws in Singapore are more strict for other things!!!!!!!

vr4ever
22-03-2004, 10:40 AM
The laws in Singapore are more strict for other things!!!!!!!

Ya I agree...but u win some..u lose some !
Btw...u seem to know quite a fair bit abt Singapore...

Japmetal
22-03-2004, 09:09 PM
If the bulb has no base [not seen a VR4 lamp to know !] it will be a "501" capless wedge bulb; If it has a base [a bit like a household bulb] it is a 207 :-b

any half-decent auto spares place should get you the right one if you give them the correct number !

simpsonm
22-03-2004, 10:09 PM
I've looked for a bulb for the VR4 before. This was a rear light and brake combo. Could only get it from Mits as Halfords don't stock the types of bulb base this bulb had. hat would have cost me £1.75 in Halfords cost me £6 in Mits. (Robbin fooooooookkkerrrrs)

wirdy
22-03-2004, 11:16 PM
You're being mislead my friend.

The correct sidelight bulb is a bayonet cap, 4 watt bulb.

I should know, I've just spent three weeks looking at them whilst putting my HID kit in!!

Normally called a BA9s but also referred to as "RU233".
Any filling station will have then for about 99p, although I get them for 19p +vat. :-D
[IMG]

Physician
22-03-2004, 11:24 PM
You're being mislead my friend.

The correct sidelight bulb is a bayonet cap, 4 watt bulb.

I should know, I've just spent three weeks looking at them whilst putting my HID kit in!!

Normally called a BA9s but also referred to as "RU233".
Any filling station will have then for about 99p, although I get them for 19p +vat. :-D
[IMG]

Thanks everyone, particularly Wirdy ;)...... will get one tomorrow.

Richard

wirdy
22-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks everyone, particularly Wirdy

Good to be of help. Reputation points are also always appreciated... ha ha :)