PDA

View Full Version : Track Day 14th JUNE 2003

Simon
24-05-2003, 01:32 PM
ACTION DAY CCC2
SATURDAY 14TH JUNE 2003

At Castle Combe INSERT INTO post VALUES (Japfest Location).Track open 9-5. Prices: Track Pass: £20 Admission: £6 INSERT INTO post VALUES (Cheaper if you pre book!)

You can go out as many times as you like...as long as you can afford it......simply line up and go!.

We will be going and "waving the flag" for VR-4's :devil2:

To get on track all you need to do:

1. Attend drivers briefing
2.Helmets must be worn.INSERT INTO post VALUES (you can hire on the day)
3. Arms and legs must be covered
4.Only front seat passengers
5.Wear your seat belt
6.Sign your track pass

If you went to Japfest you would have noticed that only 6-10 cars went out at once. On this track day you can expect between 20 -30 cars. Some say this spoils the sessions...i say thats more to overtake!:thumb:

If anyone is interested in going post a reply...or if you want more info. I think its too late to get club space...but there's normally odd spaces left.:devil2: ...you know you want to!!!!!

pjjohnson
24-05-2003, 02:30 PM
This seems cheap - is it £6 and £20 per track session . The ones I've done in the past have just been a flat fee. Could be tempted.

Simon
24-05-2003, 07:40 PM
£6 per person to get into the circuit.......
...then...£20 per car INSERT INTO post VALUES (one driver & one passenger) per track session.......
.....session should be 5 laps minimum INSERT INTO post VALUES (1.8 mile course); normally get 12 - 15 minutes per seesion....

BraindG
25-05-2003, 12:14 PM
curse my crap job, ive no money :Cry1:
me needs better JOB!

wish i could go..

Simon
25-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Snap....no money.... only reason we're going/can just afford it, is that we're 10 minutes down the road... and wouldn't have an 8 hour trip to get there!!!

Spirit
03-06-2003, 08:15 AM
Must admit that once I was at Japfest I wish I had taken the car out for a spin but it was too late. Can't afford this one either I'm afraid - hoping to purchase a Super Drager this week INSERT INTO post VALUES (maybe even today) so all my spare cash will go on this :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Pete

Brind
03-06-2003, 09:21 PM
You're going for the Drager then eh? you won't regret it I'm sure, the cabin sound when pulling away is a bit annoying IMO but then you think about what it must sound like outside! :cool:

Where are you getting it from? Barry?

Spirit
03-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Brind

Barry has helped me out a little but since I posted that my bro reminded me of how low my suspension is and has raised doubts as to if it would be a problem with the Drager.

In fact can you do me a favour mate ? Any chance you could measure the distance to the lowest part of the back box from the car body for me so I can compare how much lower it would be than the OEM back box ?

Thanks

Pete

Brind
03-06-2003, 10:23 PM
No problem.

The pipe work is lower than the lowest point of the box.
The lowest point of the pipe is 160mm whereas the lowest point of the backbox is 200mm to the GROUND.
INSERT INTO post VALUES (I couldn't really find a decent reference point to take measurements to the bodywork)

The highest point in the wheel arch to the ground is 660mm, bare in mind I have 17inch wheels.

I shouldn't think you would have a problem to be honest..

Spirit
04-06-2003, 07:27 AM
Thanks mate , will check mine when I get hom tonight

Spirit
08-06-2003, 12:10 PM
Sorry but have to confirm I cannot make this although would love to have come. My bro is going with his Rover 620Ti though.

Car is booked in for the same day to have Super Drager and front discs and pads done :D :D :D - but got to part with a large wad of cash :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( , hehe

Hope it's a great day ! Get some pics for us aswell to post on here

Pete