PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Front Camber and Caster adjustment kit

bradc
26-10-2008, 07:31 AM
http://www.spcperformance.com/PROD_DIR/SPCPerf_PROD_SEARCH_DYN.cfm?cmd=Cam&cmd2=72170&cmd3=

So...who wants to get one?

Ryan
26-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Ummmm, apart from ..... you? :p :)

Nutter_John
26-10-2008, 07:48 AM
price would be usefull to know , but good find

scott.mohekey
26-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Very nice find. I might be interested in the not too distant future.

Gly
26-10-2008, 08:40 AM
id put money on that wont fit correctly,

it has WAY more bend in it than out arms,
and even with my +1.5 kit the arm hits the inside of the strut tower
(had to remove a fair bit of metal to get it to clear)

bradc
26-10-2008, 09:22 AM
hmm, what do you mean exactly Carsten?

Subaru ETA
26-10-2008, 10:09 AM
i think he means that it will hit the inner gaurd?

bradc
26-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Thought about it some more, that pic might be representative of another kit listed for one of the other cars on that page.

Davezj
26-10-2008, 12:20 PM
price would be usefull to know , but good find

i think the price is $630 (USD) per pair +shipping. but that sounds a bit steep to me. so i could be wrong.

adzgti
26-10-2008, 01:46 PM
The suspension company called Eibach work hand in hand to bring these SPC kits into the uk from the States. Where i work, we have a Hunter digital Aligner....the most advance money can buy. Its sometimes really hard to find kits that give you the procise level of adjustment that is required per vehicle spec. I.e KW, H&R or Whiteline might not offer the +/- camber quantities required through adjustment bolts only. Hence SPC is in-valuable to our arsnal. These are the only guys that go to the extremes of producing new arms/mounts....ect. If anyone would like, i could get prices for kits such as these?

Gly
26-10-2008, 10:12 PM
72170 ECLIPSE/TALON ARM SET $630.83usd

im not buying them, LOL!

bradc
26-10-2008, 10:51 PM
adzgti, do you think you could find out a price for us?

peter thomson
26-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Cheaper on ebay but with that much adjustment as Carsten said they will likley hit the towers. The ingalls kit I fitted didn't require any grinding

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320281784644&rd=1

Kenneth
27-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Personally I wouldn't buy that form of camber correction.

The reason being is that the correction is done by effectively changing the length of the upper arm. The lengths of the upper and lower arms are precisely set so that deflection of the wheel causes specific changes in the suspension geometry, this sort of mod will change that.

I chatted to a guy about it when getting the Galant aligned for compliance, his response is that the result is usually bump-steer problems.

adzgti
28-10-2008, 01:02 AM
As with everything else, its all dependant upon what has been done to the vehicle itself. If someone was to adjust the vehicle geometry in such a manner as to drop its center of gravity, than that and that alonw will drastically effect wheel deflections.

Bare with me on this one, but if you consider that the VR4 Galant/Legnum has a fast road set up from manufacturer, you tend to find you'll have negative camber. a comprimise between economy and performance. Your upper suspension arm will inevitabley be shorter(or adjusted so that it is using manufacturers variables) than the lower. However, if you fit lowering springs/suspension kits or coilovers, this shortens the suspension travel from standard, lowers the vehicles center of gravity and what you get left with is what in theory becomes a 'longer' bottom arm. This then makes the shorter upper arm act as a pivot point for the vehicles weight and as a result gives too much negative camber(you'll wear the inner edge of the tyre off very quickly)

To combat this,SPC or other manufacturers will develop upper arms that inthis case (An example and not 100% galant correct) will lengthen its reach to counter act the excessive pivot point and 'push' the upper part of the wheel back into manufacturers tolerances. nutralising the negetive camber effect. this may or may not cause bump streering problems like kenneth said....I dont have first hand experience with this specific car nor parts; however what i would say is that the product would not be avaiable if it was to cause issues in any other way than what it is intended to do. please remember though, you must bare in mind that this type of tool is only for extreme cases where people have lowered their cars further than they should, or if the vehicle comes with absolutely no camber adjustment at all from factory like a honda civic type r.

I can get prices for people who wants them, or anthing else really; just drop me a pm. I can no doubt work out some club discount for everyone also.