PDA

View Full Version : Hi im new

slammin_wheels
29-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey everyone,

just lookin for some advice, ill post this on a different thread but, can u get a legnum, with a non-turbo, coz i dont have a full license , and restrictions here in australia dont allow us to own cars with turbo, V8, anything eexcessively high-powered, or with a power/weight ratio...? i want to buy a legnum now, i dont wanna wait 2 years for full licence, jus to get turbo soo.. IS THERE A LEGNUM MODEL THAT IS NON_TURBO?:thinking:

elnevio
29-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey everyone,

just lookin for some advice, ill post this on a different thread but, can u get a legnum, with a non-turbo, coz i dont have a full license , and restrictions here in australia dont allow us to own cars with turbo, V8, anything eexcessively high-powered, or with a power/weight ratio...? i want to buy a legnum now, i dont wanna wait 2 years for full licence, jus to get turbo soo.. IS THERE A LEGNUM MODEL THAT IS NON_TURBO?:thinking:
Yes!

There are both 4WD and FWD versions of the Legnum, with a variety of non-turbo engines: 1.8, 2.4, 2.5 V6, (I think 2.0 too) in a selection of model designations, Viento, ST-R, ST, VR-G, etc.

The 2.5 V6 ST-R is probably the one that looks most like a VR-4, and has 4WD. Bradc has both, and probably knows a bit more about the model range too.

And /Welcome2 to CVR4!

slammin_wheels
30-10-2008, 07:52 AM
thanks a lot elnevio, thats exactly wat i wanted to hear!
im gona find one and buy it...lol

bradc
30-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Highly unlikely you will in Aussie. Over there only VR-4 models are eligible to be imported due to their power to weight ratio, no non-turbo models are eligible.

I did see ONE ST-R for sale over there though, I think it was a personal import from Japan.

Why do you not want a turbo one? Insurance or P plates?

OnBoost!
30-10-2008, 08:17 AM
ES, LS and GTZ models were offered with a 195 hp V6 engine for the first time, the 6G72 3.0 L, mated to a standard 4-speed conventional auto.

:o

Does anyone own one on here?

bradc
30-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Nope because they are USDM cars

valleyforge1
30-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi and Welcome hope you get sorted out soon with something. Somebody is bound to put you in the right direction on here.

slammin_wheels
31-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Highly unlikely you will in Aussie. Over there only VR-4 models are eligible to be imported due to their power to weight ratio, no non-turbo models are eligible.

I did see ONE ST-R for sale over there though, I think it was a personal import from Japan.

Why do you not want a turbo one? Insurance or P plates?

P-plate restrictions, dont want to wait till i get my full license just to get a turbo!

slammin_wheels
31-10-2008, 02:23 PM
well thats too bad, if non-turbos arent available here, but what about the sedan, galant version?

bradc
31-10-2008, 10:34 PM
same story