PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure reulator

Andre
23-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Does any one have a diagram of how to install a fuel pressure regulator on our cars? Does our cars have more than one fuel rail? If so how do i connect a fuel pressure regulator to them that only has an inlet port, outlet port and vaccum referencing port?

pjjohnson
23-03-2004, 09:30 AM
I thought we'd already got one - just a case of replacing it ?

enigma
23-03-2004, 09:37 AM
I thought we'd already got one - just a case of replacing it ?

Yep we have one.......little silver jobbie on the front fuel rail, right hand side (looking from front)

Replacing it with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator should be a snap!!! :D

Andre
24-03-2004, 03:46 AM
i have located the "the little silver jobbie" stock fuel pressure regulator , but it seems as though it is joined to the fuel rail permenetly . What do I do help please? I was thinking of connect the adjustable fuel pressure regulator to the standard regulator, would that work ?

enigma
24-03-2004, 07:57 AM
i have located the "the little silver jobbie" stock fuel pressure regulator , but it seems as though it is joined to the fuel rail permenetly . What do I do help please? I was thinking of connect the adjustable fuel pressure regulator to the standard regulator, would that work ?

Err in a word......no!

If you are wanting to increase the pressure (just a guess!) the connecting them together wont help........you have to rplace it.

Andre
25-03-2004, 05:08 AM
Does any one know how to get off the standard fuel pressure regulator?
Seriously i need it off as soon as possible i have to race dis weekend help please

pjjohnson
25-03-2004, 01:46 PM
If its any help, this is what the standard item it looks like when its off. And somehow this ones not silver any more.

enigma
25-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Pete, does this mean you have an uprated regulator as well?

geeesh! :rolleyes5

pjjohnson
25-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Yes, but I think I was conned into it. Don't think it made any noticable difference.

enigma
25-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Not until you put the new injectors in!!!

What make is the regulator? How much?

pjjohnson
25-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Thats a good point about the injectors - if they actually fit and if I ever get an ECU that can control them.

Its the old favourite FSE 'power boost valve', heres a sideways photo of it ! About £180 I think, needed a bit of modification ( so I'm told - more ££'s ) to get it to fit.

Andre
26-03-2004, 03:32 AM
I cut off the standard regulator off the adpter plate and welded a nipple on . I then installed my aeromotive fuel pressure regulator . now the car feels like a new car, at 15 pounds of boost with the regulator i can wheel spin all four tyres in certain conditions. and the car feels like a beast.

pjjohnson
26-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Wheelspin all four wheels - wow - nice one. Good luck in de race.

enigma
26-03-2004, 05:04 PM
Good luck in de race.

Surely that is "Good luck in da race mon!" :D

Best wishes, take some pics and post 'em up!