PDA

View Full Version : Welly Crew Social Meet

CANDEE
31-10-2008, 02:01 AM
Yo Peeps,

Have been talking to a few other members and have been thinking about a big get together with partners in the near future.

We have had the suggestions of the following:

Bowling, either @ The Lanes or at the new place in the hutt.

Dinner in town

BBQ

Drive over to Masterton, then to Lake Ferry... /rally

Any thoughts??

J

bradc
31-10-2008, 04:17 AM
Change it to Taupo and I'll see you there!

Robotnik123
31-10-2008, 04:28 AM
There's lots to do in Taupo I guess. Which gets me thinking, what about another CVR4 National Meet?

Johny
31-10-2008, 06:29 AM
national? ha

VR4 MAD
03-11-2008, 12:28 AM
There's lots to do in Taupo I guess. Which gets me thinking, what about another CVR4 National Meet?

Oi ! Stop there.................. /Hijack

Change it to Taupo and I'll see you there!
That goes for you too Brad............/catfight

This is for the Welly guys. We need to have another get together now the weathers improving.

Though I'm all for another go at a Taupo meeting, but that's for another thread.

So where's all that enthusiasm gone guys. :speechles /pan

Hello, anyone there...........:inquisiti

/toycar

dixon8
05-11-2008, 03:17 AM
Oi ! Stop there.................. /Hijack /catfight

This is for the Welly guys. :speechles /pan

/toycar

yeh like he said

rayray24
08-11-2008, 05:31 AM
Is this still all go? Have we got some sort of dates in mind?

VR4 MAD
08-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Is this still all go? Have we got some sort of dates in mine?

Hey there Ryan, glad to see you're still around.

Yes, we are still wanting to do something. Current thinking is a bowling get together at the new place in the Hutt. This will be a non-competitive fun evening with a few drinks and lots of laughs. The attendance of partners is mandatory..............well to be encouraged vigorously at the very least.

Date not yet fixed but hoping maybe the Saturday 29th of this month would suit everyone?

Thoughts................:inquisiti

Comments............... :thinking:

Suggestions............:speechles

/toycar

dixon8
10-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Date not yet fixed but hoping maybe the Saturday 29th of this month would suit everyone?

29th NOVEMBER 2008 :thinking: :thinking:

ok with me ..............at this stage

hope we can get numbers up again for this maybe last meet for 2008:speechles

CANDEE
10-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Ill confirm with ness, but I think we are all good. :)

rayray24
11-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Hey there Ryan, glad to see you're still around.

Yes still around just!?! In palmy north at the mo, But the 29th sounds good for me (if work plays nice/Grrr ) See ya'll then.

Oh any ideas where we can go? Over to marsterton maybe. turn a few heads over there./rally

CANDEE
11-11-2008, 01:11 AM
Yes still around just!?! In palmy north at the mo, But the 29th sounds good for me (if work plays nice/Grrr ) See ya'll then.

Oh any ideas where we can go? Over to marsterton maybe. turn a few heads over there./rally

Yo Ryan,

I think we are bowling @ the Strike place in Petone....

J

rayray24
11-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Sweet. Then we drive?? We have to go somewhere for photos.

CANDEE
20-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey peeps,

Is everyone still keen for this???

J

Robotnik123
20-11-2008, 11:19 AM
I'll come if it is still on. Let us know the details.

rayray24
22-11-2008, 06:37 AM
I may be moving? Otherwise I'm still in.

dixon8
22-11-2008, 10:15 AM
yep I'm still keen.

come on guys, big effort to end the year..........

VR4 MAD
23-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Well Jo and I are still in. /rally

Need to take stock of numbers likely to be coming bowling with an estimated start time of say 7pm. This is so we can arrange to book a couple of lanes. Will do the head count Tuesday night so we can book Wednesday. Is everyone a bit flexible with the start time if bookings are not available for our preferred time?

That sound OK by everyone?

/toycar

CANDEE
24-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Ness and I are in as you know Wynn. :)

J

CANDEE
25-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Ok guys,

Place: Strike Bowling in Lower Hutt
Time: 8:30 pm
Cost: $20 for two games

I have booked for 10 people, but there should be room for more.

We are looking at having a meet up at approx 7pm before the bowling for dinner/coffee.

J

VR4 MAD
26-11-2008, 01:49 AM
.......................We are looking at having a meet up at approx 7pm before the bowling for dinner/coffee.

J

Excellent work there dude.........../rally

Just so those on a smallish budget (me included) aren't worried or scared off, we are open to suggestions for venue for a cheap feed and drink or coffee before hand. McD's just seems not suitable though IMHO, sorry but suggest away guys and girls...........:pimp2:

/toycar

dixon8
26-11-2008, 03:42 AM
Ok guys,

Cost: $20 for two games

We are looking at having a meet up at approx 7pm before the bowling for dinner/coffee.

J

$20 each or each game???? 2 bowlers here :happy:

Maybe meet up at queensgate for a light snack / chat before bowling :inquisiti

CANDEE
26-11-2008, 04:25 AM
$20 each or each game???? 2 bowlers here :happy:

Maybe meet up at queensgate for a light snack / chat before bowling :inquisiti

$20 per person for 2 games, Mr Young. :)

Will Westfield still be open at that time?

J

VR4 MAD
26-11-2008, 05:12 AM
..................Will Westfield still be open at that time?

J

I don't think so, but I'll confer with the Mall shopping expert (otherwise known as the better half) as she's bound to know such things............ /pan /pan

Edit: Mall expert says foodcourt likely to be closed by 5.30 as mall closes at 6pm, though cinema is still open later..... :)

/toycar

rayray24
26-11-2008, 10:34 AM
We could go a little earlier if that is sweet with everyone? What about making this a 1-2pm sort of thing? Meet at westfeild top carpark have a bite to eat, some photos of the crew, then off for some CHEAP daytime bowling so I can kick ass?

VR4 MAD
26-11-2008, 12:02 PM
We could go a little earlier if that is sweet with everyone? What about making this a 1-2pm sort of thing? Meet at westfeild top carpark have a bite to eat, some photos of the crew, then off for some CHEAP daytime bowling so I can kick ass?

Hey there Ryan,

Would love to agree with this suggestion but two things preclude that for me anyway.

1) My wife works Saturdays and the 'better halves' are one of the main reasons for this little get together in the first place.

2) Jeremy has already booked this now and most (all?) of the others seem to be OK with this arrangement, this time around.

But there's no reason why we can't do another soon and have an earlier time, though Sunday would be the best for me and my significant other.

Do still hope you can make this meet though, even if the timing isn't the best for you and yours...../rally

/toycar

CANDEE
26-11-2008, 08:22 PM

Hey Ryan,

The real only big reason why we cant get in earlier is that they are booked from 1pm though to 8 solid for 2 groups.. :(

I would love a cruise on a sunday or something in a couple of weeks(once I have my car back) and maybe a BBQ included?

J

rayray24
27-11-2008, 06:59 AM
Well I'm not moving this weekend now so anytime is good for me.

Where are we meeting before the bowling then? Westfeild is out, what about on the petone foreshore and drive to eastbourne for fish and chips then back to town for bowling???

dixon8
27-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Where are we meeting before the bowling then? Westfeild is out, what about on the petone foreshore and drive to eastbourne for fish and chips then back to town for bowling???

hey that's not a bad suggestion :thinking: :thinking:

probably easier to get everyone to meet at petone 1st carpark where we met up last time.
how about 6pm ish ?????

then drive to eastbourne for our fish and chips, eat it at the beach somewhere mabe....................

rayray24
28-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Is that the first car park when you get of the moterway??

Bugger it's not like I won't be able to see everyone, See ya'll at 6

dixon8
28-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Is that the first car park when you get of the moterway??

YES, first carpark when you get off the motorway. /rally

Robotnik123
28-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi chaps,

6pm car park on the Petone foreshore is it?

Rosco_NZ
29-11-2008, 12:12 AM
yeah thats what it looks like.

CANDEE
29-11-2008, 04:00 AM
I agree on that. :)

Ill be in a maroon '02 diamontae.. :)

J

d i c k i e s
02-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Well for obvious reasons im out... hahaha
but have a good time.