PDA

View Full Version : Engine mounting design flaw for 7G 1834cc (E52 series)

vr4ever
23-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Hi..I've sat in afew 7G Galant E52 series, auto transmission with the 4 cylinder 1834cc..and if u put the gear to D and step on foot brake or engage your hand brake..there will be more than usual vibration as compared to other cars of the same class !
I asked several MMC service technicians and they said it is a known flaw since the car was new and many cars have the same problem !
Perhaps MMC should have designed engine mounts with hydraulic fluids or employed "active mounts" like Lexus did to improve the NVH further ???
Those who owns the above car (E52 Galant)...do u encounter this NVH problem ?

lorriman
24-03-2004, 09:25 AM
See this thread for a description of a problem with a 2002 year V6 Galant Auto.

http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2812

vr4ever
24-03-2004, 10:50 AM
See this thread for a description of a problem with a 2002 year V6 Galant Auto.

http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2812

I think you have got the facts wrong..I mean the E52 series(4 cylinder) VS E54 (V6 engine) as the E54 have no such problems...but even for brand new cars of E52 series..the problem has been there since day one !
The MMC technicians said that it is definitely a "underdeveloped" engine mounting for the E52 engine as the NVH of that engine is much higher than the E54 due to the structure and rigidity of the engie block.
As I've said earlier....have both E52 and E54 side by side...then put autobox to D then pull handbrake or depress footbrake and see which one vibrates more !

lorriman
24-03-2004, 06:10 PM
I didn't get my facts wrong. I just thought you might be interested in a vibration problem with the V6 Galant. I never said it was the one you were talking about.

No need to get so tetchy, just having a chat. No one else has replied. Thought you'd be grateful for the company.

Never did know anything about the model / engine numbers. Just fill it up with petrol and drive it. Then, every so often take it to the man in the overalls to give it a service.

Kieran
24-03-2004, 06:40 PM
:stop:

Now, Now.....

Let's all calm down and be civil to each other, please.

:)

vr4ever
24-03-2004, 06:54 PM
I didn't get my facts wrong. I just thought you might be interested in a vibration problem with the V6 Galant. I never said it was the one you were talking about.

No need to get so tetchy, just having a chat. No one else has replied. Thought you'd be grateful for the company.

Never did know anything about the model / engine numbers. Just fill it up with petrol and drive it. Then, every so often take it to the man in the overalls to give it a service.

Don't get me wrong lorriman....I appreciate your input but I never said the V6 had a NVH problem...to think of it..I commented that the V6 had a far more superior NVH even if u take into account of the vibration that u had encountered and cured !
All I'm saying....is the 1834cc 4 cylinder (E52) of the 7G Galant had that vibration problem since the car was launched...and the problem is even worst when the mountings are worn out !!!
And yes...I'm sure many who have the same NVH problem as you, appreciates your input...don't blow your top by thinking I'm trying to make u look small....in fact, the contrary as I appreciate others who shares their info and also suggesting remedies..thanks for your input and stay cool and SMILE ! :-D

lorriman
25-03-2004, 09:14 AM
I'm always coooolllll

Bye Bye :D

vr4ever
25-03-2004, 10:58 AM
I'm always coooolllll

Bye Bye :D

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Rally205
27-03-2004, 02:21 PM
That sounds more like a problem with the engine balance than a problem with the engine mounts.