PDA

View Full Version : Finally I'm a 8G Legnum VR-4 owner

GT40-Steven
08-11-2008, 07:44 PM
When I bought my 2002 Galant GDI Estate Avance it was because it looked like a VR-4. Today I finally picked up a real one.
For those of you that are familier with Kalle here on the forums know the car as well. This is the 1999 facelift Legnum he sold a year ago or so. The guy that bought it from Kalle is starting a trucking company so he sold it to me to a decent price since he is in need of cash (has a Skyline GTR for sale as well).

It looks to be in good condition but there are some smaller things to fix up like the left front inner fender (bear with my lack of correct terminology, I'm Swedish) that's cracked. It also have some sort of condition with the temp sensor for the ACC. I'm posting some questions about that in the tech forum in case I can't find someone else that have had the same problem.

Beside those it drives like a charm so engine and transmission seems to be fine.
Going to give it a good was tomorrow and do a photo session.

Cheers! /rally

Nevman
08-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Nice one Steven :2thumbsup
Welcome to the family :D
Post some pics when you have them

bradc
08-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Ahh yes, I was wondering what happened to Kalle, he just seemed to disappear. You've got a very nice car there, is it still wearing the evo wheels?

GT40-Steven
08-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Kalle is still very active in the Swedish Mitsu club. He has a nice Colt (judging from the pictures). I was in contact with him before buying her. The paperwork on this car is impressive. Kalle did a list on every thing done to it since it came to sweden and most of the the service papers from UK and Japan is included.

Yes the car is still rolling on Evo wheels and the has the evo brakes as well. The only then the owner between me and Kalle has done is a monster rust protection, some maintenance and a new stereo.

Spirit
08-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Congratulations on your new purchase Steven.....I'm sure you'll love it ! /rally

OnBoost!
09-11-2008, 04:33 AM
Sweet,welcome to the club! :D

TAR
09-11-2008, 10:28 AM
/Welcome I hope you enjoy your stay.

:happy:

valleyforge1
12-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the club mate. Hope everything goes well with the new purchase and you get plenty of happy miles out of it.

By the way wheres the trucking company starting up and sorry for being cheeky, is there any jobs going. I can send you a CV. Cheers

OUT OF WORK CLASS 1 DRIVER SEAKS JOB TO BUY FIRST VR4

GT40-Steven
13-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the club mate. Hope everything goes well with the new purchase and you get plenty of happy miles out of it.

By the way wheres the trucking company starting up and sorry for being cheeky, is there any jobs going. I can send you a CV. Cheers

OUT OF WORK CLASS 1 DRIVER SEAKS JOB TO BUY FIRST VR4
Well if you feel like moving to Sweden and drive between the southern parts and Trondheim in Norway I can put in a good word for you :)

valleyforge1
13-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Well if you feel like moving to Sweden and drive between the southern parts and Trondheim in Norway I can put in a good word for you :)

Cheers mate. The new location might do me some good. :happy:

martin_y
15-11-2008, 06:56 AM
You should go, the women are gorgeous !!!

valleyforge1
15-11-2008, 02:03 PM
You should go, the women are gorgeous !!!

That could cause probs with Mrs Forge.:inquisiti