PDA

View Full Version : V6 Saloon/Estate exhaust differences?

Confused
10-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Hi all,

Was wondering what difference, if any, there is between the saloon and estate exhaust systems.

Cheers!

bradc
10-11-2008, 07:30 PM
None at all, the only difference is for different engine sizes.

ANTHONY
10-11-2008, 11:57 PM
None at all, the only difference is for different engine sizes.but but the estate is longer

g6acb
11-11-2008, 12:06 AM
The tailpipe is different - there is no cut out in the estate bumper

bradc
11-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Anthony - the wagon is the same length. some models are slightly longer due to the front bumper design.

Ade - the bumper is a different height yes, but the exhaust is the same.

g6acb
11-11-2008, 01:17 AM
No its not :baby:

The tail pipe on a UK estate is a pea shooter, downturned like a diseasal and doesn't exit through a bumper cut out.

they are very probably interchangable as far as fitments go.... but you cant put a saloon exhaust on an estate without chopping the bumper - and you cant put an estate exhaust on a saloon without it looking ghey

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Gallery/showphoto.php?photo=444&cat=530

Kieran
11-11-2008, 02:31 AM
And in today's 'Know your exhaust' league...

Ade 1, Brad Fail.

bradc
11-11-2008, 03:09 AM
Ginger = fail

mesobitchy
11-11-2008, 10:05 PM
well since there seems to be not much more then a bit of cutting the bumper an the saloon looking ghey... i think its a small price to pay to make the estate look and sound better.....
roll on when that saloon gets here im raping it for bits /lol

ANTHONY
11-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Anthony - the wagon is the same length. some models are slightly longer due to the front bumper design.

saloon length =4630mm wheelbase=2635mm....wagon length=4689mm wheelbase= 2635mm

elnevio
11-11-2008, 10:53 PM
well since there seems to be not much more then a bit of cutting the bumper an the saloon looking ghey... i think its a small price to pay to make the estate look and sound better.....
roll on when that saloon gets here im raping it for bits /lol
Oi! Its not departed yet! :bigcry:

Only joshing - reckon you'll love the sound of the exhaust :pimp2:, and it's perfectly complemented with the K&N induction kit - I struggled to grow tired of the amplified V6 noise in three years. And I was doing it for the kids anyway! (they love 'noisy Daddy') :evil2:

mesobitchy
12-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Oi! Its not departed yet! :bigcry:

Only joshing - reckon you'll love the sound of the exhaust :pimp2:, and it's perfectly complemented with the K&N induction kit - I struggled to grow tired of the amplified V6 noise in three years. And I was doing it for the kids anyway! (they love 'noisy Daddy') :evil2:

/haz ah well ya know its going to a good home :)

his lordship wants a quite car to do the work miles that he does.
and me.....
well what can i say? iv tryed my hardest to not mod the tits off this car....
EPIC FAIL!/pan

Confused
12-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah... definitely failed there! ;)

Sports front bumper/grill
Sports sideskirts
VR4 spoiler
CarPC
Decent ICE install
Nardi steering wheel
17" alloys
K&N induction
Exhaust (once I get the last 3 from Nev along with the car)

... ;)

I sense that Saturday week the saloon will be pillaged before I've even had a chance to wake up! ;)

mesobitchy
12-11-2008, 01:39 PM
pillaged AND raped, get it right /haz

pitslayer
18-11-2008, 04:34 PM
if you want a really good sounding V6 with a nice rumble, i must reccomend the exahust we made for my old V6 the Trananto exhaust Half Transit Half Galant, qaurter FTO
get the rear box and pipe of a transit, and a good fabricater, make exhaust like original one, add FTO twin tips...job done, sounded so good

mesobitchy
18-11-2008, 09:01 PM
fairys muff... but i think were going for the less hassle atm, might be something to look into for the future.

elnevio
18-11-2008, 09:17 PM
If the length is an issue (oo er), then don't worry. The V6's tailpipe sits proud of the bumper by about 40mm or so, so it should line up fairly nicely with the estate bumper, although if you're able to pick up an exhaust surround off of say a VR4 or surround a bumper cutout with some stainless shielding, that would probably finish it off nicely.