gdelargy
12-11-2008, 01:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190266179890

To paraphrase Homer Simpson, "Mmmmm, wedgy..."

Regards,
G

HMG1K
12-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm! What a car! A Galant Sapporo - based on the 5th generation Galant!

This was a great car - loads of luxury, 2.4 litre engine, and was the forerunner to the reintroduced 3.0 Sigma saloon in 1990 and the Australian built Sigma estates of the same era.

ritch_w
12-11-2008, 02:01 PM
my old man had a white, manual F-reg one for a few years. nice!

HMG1K
12-11-2008, 02:06 PM
my old man had a white, manual F-reg one for a few years. nice!

Swish... Swish... Swish...!!!! And a great colour for them!

What was it like to drive and sit in? The closest I got was the brochures!

Kieran
12-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Shame it's not a two door - But it's still cool. :)

valleyforge1
13-11-2008, 01:07 AM
I knew you would be here HMG, abit of a soft spot. Did you see that Sapporo I put up last week, was trying to trace whos it was.

Look at them seats. No cold bums on leather with those. One thing these had in common with the 405, good built velour seats. Which I could rip the seats out of the Galant and put the 405 seats in.

HMG1K
13-11-2008, 08:22 AM
I knew you would be here HMG, abit of a soft spot. Did you see that Sapporo I put up last week, was trying to trace whos it was.

Look at them seats. No cold bums on leather with those. One thing these had in common with the 405, good built velour seats. Which I could rip the seats out of the Galant and put the 405 seats in.

Didn't see that thread.... :inquisiti

Yep, the Galant Sapporo seats look so thick in pile you could lose your bum in!

ritch_w
14-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Swish... Swish... Swish...!!!! And a great colour for them!

What was it like to drive and sit in? The closest I got was the brochures!

Pure jap luxo-barge, drove it a few times and it just wafted along, quick enough too with the manual box.

These cars also had electronic suspension (similar to the Sigma) that would lower the car and stiffen up a bit in "sports" mode which was nice!
very 80's dash with flappy switches for indicators (rather than stalks) and twisty knobs and sliders all over too!

HMG1K
14-11-2008, 11:21 AM
These cars also had electronic suspension (similar to the Sigma) that would lower the car and stiffen up a bit in "sports" mode which was nice! very 80's dash with flappy switches for indicators (rather than stalks) and twisty knobs and sliders all over too!

That's what I remember from the brochures - and those stalks - I remember they were seen by Mitsi as the future then as the consoul and stalks has everything you wanted in one place for heating controls etc.

I've got the brochures is anyone fancies me scanning them in

Kieran
14-11-2008, 11:27 AM
There's another one here... Look at those 1980s American touches.... Red with white vinyl top! :afro: class!

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C67589

elnevio
14-11-2008, 11:28 AM
I've got the brochures is anyone fancies me scanning them in
That'd be ace. Maybe they can go in the resource library, under 'nostalgia' or something. Then other stuff could be added!

Kieran
14-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Speaking of brochure scanning....

I have LOADS of brochures here, but a lot of them are Japanese ones, and they use a weird paper size. It's bigger than an A4 sheet but smaller than A3 and as such it won't fit on our A4 scanner. I can 'splice' scans together using photo stitching software but this takes ages and the result does look a little distorted.

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a cheap (Sub £50) USB A3 scanner from?

HMG1K
14-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Speaking of brochure scanning....

I have LOADS of brochures here, but a lot of them are Japanese ones, and they use a weird paper size. It's bigger than an A4 sheet but smaller than A3 and as such it won't fit on our A4 scanner. I can 'splice' scans together using photo stitching software but this takes ages and the result does look a little distorted.

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a cheap (Sub £50) USB A3 scanner from?

Not that cheap - but shy of £100 for this including P&P - a Mustek and far cheeper than the regular £400+ ones!

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/1632204/art/-/mustek-scanexpress-a3-usb.html

HMG1K
14-11-2008, 11:45 AM
That'd be ace. Maybe they can go in the resource library, under 'nostalgia' or something. Then other stuff could be added!

Will sort this!

valleyforge1
15-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Didn't see that thread.... :inquisiti

Yep, the Galant Sapporo seats look so thick in pile you could lose your bum in!

Here you are mate ive copied the link.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35308