PDA

View Full Version : "Quick Release" body panels!?!?!

Simon
24-03-2004, 06:58 PM
We've bought a new bonnet specifically for track and show events....we're very happy with it. Here are some pictures.

Spirit
24-03-2004, 07:00 PM
WOW ! Very nice mate !

May one ask how much and where from ?

Simon
24-03-2004, 07:04 PM
from Karma imports in Bristol...just over £300...fibreglass...so dont look too close!..very very helpful guys who are only into body styling...can get anything you want to order.....will be going there often i think :) (spraying price on top)

enigma
24-03-2004, 07:10 PM
yummy :D

Spirit
24-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Take it this is their website : Karma Imports (http://kiop.brightstorm.co.uk/karma/index.php)

Price on there for the bonnet is £420 + vat - did you get a special deal or does this price include spraying and fitting ?

enigma
24-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Bonnet is listed at £420????

Brind
24-03-2004, 07:15 PM
That looks really quite smart!!! :)

I even like the little vent on the side, top one is ostentatious but for what it will be used for it doesn't matter.

Simon
24-03-2004, 08:48 PM
how come the 2nd and 3rd pictures above are now showing a white vr4 on my monitor instead of my car bonnet!?!?!?!?!? I dont know why we only paid just over £300. Their prices on the web site do not include painting.

I can call the guy at Karma and see what deal he could do for a bulk order.

Spirit
24-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Need to clear out your temp internet folder mate

SGHOM
24-03-2004, 08:52 PM
I want that bonnet ............ :cool1: even though I've just spent a squillion dollar on mime !! :arse: :wall: :Cry1:

Simon
24-03-2004, 08:53 PM
ive just checked their website....and its changed since we bought the bonnet....there were 4 different "kits" and our bonnet was from one of those that are now NOT listed....plus the pictures are not showing up on their site. I'll have to make some enquires.

vr4ever
24-03-2004, 08:56 PM
I thought this bonnet is made of carbon fibre ?
Btw..did MMC actually have this bonnet with this particular design as an optional extra thingy ?

vr4ever
24-03-2004, 08:58 PM
We've bought a new bonnet specifically for track and show events....we're very happy with it. Here are some pictures.

Nice rims as well...are those from the Evo 8 ???
If I'm not wrong..they are 17 inch rims...right ?

Simon
24-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Yes, i understand that u can buy it in carbon fibre but we went for the one that doesn't show up as much. Im 99.9% certain that MMC UK did not have this bonnet as an extra.........but we've all seen the Super VR4 but it never made it here.

rims ...yes the Enkei 17'' ones.

vr4ever
24-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Yes, i understand that u can buy it in carbon fibre but we went for the one that doesn't show up as much. Im 99.9% certain that MMC UK did not have this bonnet as an extra.........but we've all seen the Super VR4 but it never made it here.

Err..pardon my curiosity...coz I'm very tempted to buy that same bonnet of yours..but if I have a choice..I want an original factory item..
Did u say the Super VR4 comes with the same bonnet design as yours ???
You mean MMC made them in steel or carbon fibre ???
Also..how much did u pay for a set of 4 Enkei 17 inch Evo 8 rims ?
Btw..MMC did not offer any factory rims bigger than 16 inch...right ?
Pity they did not offer the 16 inch VR4 rims in 18 inch version..or did they ???

vr4ever
24-03-2004, 09:10 PM

Simon..could u please kindly post a direct side( left and right if possible) shot of your car as I would like to see how the rims look..as I may place an order with MMC for them..gee you are tempting me bigtime !!!
Thanks for your assistance.

wirdy
25-03-2004, 12:55 AM
That looks so good I'd be tempted to leave it on for a little longer than just track days & shows. :)

ilovev6's
26-03-2004, 09:05 PM
looks very very good in the flesh too!!

thanks for popping round simon and taking me for a spin!

pete

Nick VR4
26-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Simon
Do the vents channel rain from getting onto the engine ????

I think it looks great very tempting I must admit :D

Simon
27-03-2004, 04:47 AM
It was good to meet you Pete......shame that there was too much traffic to show you the full potential of the VR4! (i like my licence!)

The main vent over the engine has a mesh then a cover on the underside just for show...on track/at shows i'll take to cover off so the engine can be seen through the mesh...and to let all the heat out! The vent to the side is just above the fuses.....not ideal as rain does come in.

Both vents let rain in onto the engine. Im thinking of adding ducting to the small vent to direct cold air towards the air filter and at same time to stop water getting to fuses. When/if water gets through top vent it evaporates as soon as it drips onto the engine....only small quantities.....i need to wipe the engine over now and again to clean it!

Its going to be an ideal summer bonnet but will be off before winter!! all that snow, ice, salt, grit...........

We are very happy with the overall finish of the bonnet (especially for what it will be used for) but you must be aware that it is not perfect. There are small undulations if you look very closely but the main bonnet lines are spot on.

(P.S im not that sad to be posting at this time....our 2 year old has chicken pox so everyones up! 3rd time of watching Bob the builder, as ive already overdosed on Nemo!)