PDA

View Full Version : Td04 13G's

Gowf
13-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm just gauging interest at the moment, but...................

Would anyone be interested in purchasing my Td04's with manifolds and downpipes?

You'd need a 3" exhaust to mount to the downpipes, but other than that, everythings pretty much there.

Let me know if your interested with a sensible price

Davezj
13-11-2008, 02:33 PM
how much i a sensible offer a pair of TD03 with exit manifols and other piping went for £110 on ebay earlier this week.

just out of interest why are you getting rid?

rees
13-11-2008, 02:54 PM
i probbaly would be mate , but that would be in the future when im ready
to move on to thta type of upgrade

miller
13-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Does an offer price include fitting?

Mike

Gowf
13-11-2008, 05:32 PM
how much i a sensible offer a pair of TD03 with exit manifols and other piping went for £110 on ebay earlier this week.

just out of interest why are you getting rid?

Im sure they probably did, but seeing as they are what you already have its not quite thesame thing. For a start, i know off hand to have my manifolds manufactured will cost you in the region of £1500-1800 for the pair alone. And believe me i went through a whole world more pain than that to get them.

Basicly, 400-430bhp isnt enough, so its time for something bigger.

However, if you looking for a perfectly drivable 400bhp with no lag issues they are definately the way forward.

Ive not had any problems with them and the've been on the car for about 3000miles. Everything was brand new when fitted to mine.

rees
13-11-2008, 07:31 PM
so how much

Gowf
13-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Like i said, sensible offers.......... Im not asking the earth for them, but they're certianly not going for a song. End of the day if i keep them then the car still runs until its finished, if sold it comes off the road, so im in no great hurry.

WildCards
13-11-2008, 10:06 PM
A case of that shiite what that you drink, half a can of Irn Bru, a plastic haggis, a poloroid of me in a kilt and a battered Mars bar?

Davezj
13-11-2008, 10:20 PM
i am sure he might be tempted buy that offer, it's a goody.

Eurospec
14-11-2008, 12:27 AM
I know what Gowf paid for the turbos new, plus the manifolds cost FORTUNES, but they will deliver the magic 400, and thats what counts!

As a mate of mine in the US says, 'Film in the back so you can see theres no boddle' and someone turned to him and said 'all turbo, all turbo'

In Gowf's case there is of course a great many 'boddles' in the back, but its mostly buckfast! Either way, this turbo kit will make you go fast.

On a more serious note you will need various supporting mods to handle the mass flow a pair of 13G's will produce.

Cheers,

Ben.

Davezj
14-11-2008, 12:40 AM
I know what Gowf paid for the turbos new, plus the manifolds cost FORTUNES, but they will deliver the magic 400, and thats what counts!

As a mate of mine in the US says, 'Film in the back so you can see theres no boddle' and someone turned to him and said 'all turbo, all turbo'

In Gowf's case there is of course a great many 'boddles' in the back, but its mostly buckfast! Either way, this turbo kit will make you go fast.

On a more serious note you will need various supporting mods to handle the mass flow a pair of 13G's will produce.

Cheers,

Ben.

But i am sure if someone bought the turbo kit from Gowf you could fit it and make all the necessary adjustments for them.

All in a days work for you at Eurospec. well a couple of days work. and you could put your new rolling road through its paces as well.

Turbo_Steve
14-11-2008, 10:10 AM
And more to the point, you could simply fit them and a piggyback ECU (or replacement ECU) and some boost control, and go a little bit faster for now until you can afford more mods :)

Eurospec
14-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah, we can sort that out no problem.

You do need quite a bit of support for that kind of power though, eg pump, injectors, reg, dual feed kit or link pipe, i guess gowf will sell his induction pipes, fuel, ign and boost control, a clutch etc etc.

Cheers,

Ben.

Gowf
14-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Yeah, we can sort that out no problem.

You do need quite a bit of support for that kind of power though, eg pump, injectors, reg, dual feed kit or link pipe, i guess gowf will sell his induction pipes, fuel, ign and boost control, a clutch etc etc.

Cheers,

Ben.

Well that all depends Mr Hartley........Induction can be done, but everything else stays until i can afford a standalone, which is last on the list of priorities as you know.

But yeah.......it goes quite quick for a white hearse

ANTHONY
15-11-2008, 12:13 AM
and nice to hear from you again, where you been?

Gowf
17-11-2008, 12:08 AM
and nice to hear from you again, where you been?

Just living life in the bus lane mate.

Paul C
17-11-2008, 04:09 AM
Are you buying a new car then? Seems a lot of effort and money has gone into the original project to just strip her down.

Turbo_Steve
17-11-2008, 12:49 PM
No, I feel the urging of a single GT35R brewing...or maybe a pair of TD05's or GT2554s or similar.

bradc
17-11-2008, 08:19 PM
GT2554R's, you know you want to :D

WildCards
17-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Feck it, it's slitting me throat, but i'll give you what I said above, PLUS a half coloured in picture of Buzz Lightyear, a £10 top up card for Orange and three quarters of a bottle of Erdinger Dunkel.

Whaddya say?

djb160
18-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Ive got a magazine here that has a gtr with two gt2540s on it(Im sure they're 40s and not 54s). Interesting dyno sheet, I think from the curve the turbine housing restricts it a bit higher up as the curve flattens off a fair bit, still increasing but much slower. Oh and that was at 19psi. It'd be interesting to see how they'd compare to td04L - 13ts or others in the td04 range.

Gowf
18-11-2008, 01:39 AM
GT2554R's, you know you want to :D

They seem a little small to me!

Plan is to stay with a twin set up, but go for some kind of gt28's. There is no point me keeping my current turbos, manifolds and downpipes as the whole lot is going to have to be redone.

djb160
18-11-2008, 04:03 AM
Small really!! What are you aiming for 400kwt?

Turbo_Steve
18-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Interesting choice..... I had GT27s (hybrids onto the T25 exhaust side) fitted to the Z32. Definitely aware of later spool, but it never intruded on regular driving. That said, I wouldn't have wanted to go any bigger: they were right on the threshold of "intrusive spool" (i.e. having to remember to shift later etc). Very occasionally I'd change up slightly early, and just catch them. It was momentary, but it made me realise how well specced they were: 500rpms made all the difference! At 1.8Bar of boost they would make 590bhp (roughly) so they had more than enough go in them for me :)

Not sure how the 28s would compare on an engine 0.5L smaller: Huge power delivery on boost, of course, but I'd be worried about spool up on them?

Huge kudos to you for even considering it, though: I'm very jealous!

Gowf
18-11-2008, 07:08 PM
30's were also considered, but although i recon you could just about get them in on the front with a huge amount of hastle, i still want to be able to drive it. The spool time of the 30's would be far beyond the realms of sensible driving.

At the end of the day though, ive still got to combat the lack of traction problem. I dont really want to be buying a set of wrinkle walls.

I know its probably a question for another thread, but does anyone know offhand what the spring rates are for the Tein GT wagons?

bradc
18-11-2008, 08:09 PM
8kg F and 5kg R

White Lightning
18-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Yep, that sounds right to me ...

Gowf
21-11-2008, 06:47 PM
so thats about 280 and 450lb?