PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to the club

marcdtr
15-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi i have a modified 1992 mr2 turbo and have now grown out of it.I have set my heart on a Galant vr4 and am looking now.I`m in Hemel Hempstead SE-ish and want to know where the best place is to get one. What i should look out for?running costs?best model ie year? i worry abit about ebay buying on cars.

Any help would be great

Regards

marc

ANTHONY
15-11-2008, 07:39 PM
/Welcome2 to the club there are a few for sale on here take a look in cars for sale.
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=191

elnevio
15-11-2008, 08:25 PM
/Welcome2 to CVR4!

You are in the right place. Have a look at the buyer's guide under Resources at the top. The prices are a bit out of date, but the info is relevant. Depending on where a prospective car is that you may be looking at, a member may be willing to come to have a look with you.

Good luck in your hunt!

TAR
15-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi and welcome to club vr4.

I'm not far from Hemel, if you want to have a look at anything local, give me a shout and I'll come with you.

If you want to see my car, I'll also be happy to let you take a look. I have a Legnum (estate).

:happy: Tim

Ghost_2008
15-11-2008, 10:06 PM
AKC of Hertfordshire Tel: 01442 843884 Mob: 07796 816 641

I bought mine from this place, the car was immaculate inside and out........ when I bought the car the previous owner turned up to say a final fairwell, I understand the previous owner and the dealer knew each other fairly well. The previous owner had bought a Toyota Supra from the same place......... to date I have had no issues with the car that I couldnt deal with myself.... ie new stereo, change of fluids, undersealing etc nothing you wouldnt want to do anyway........ have a look at my Legnum if you like.

He dealt with mainly Japanese imports, which have their benefits regarding tax, shape of number plate, colour of indicators....... give hime a ring as he maybe able to source a fresh import..........Happy Hunting

marcdtr
15-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for all your help and Tim will pm you if i find one local cheers bud.
marc

valleyforge1
16-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi and welcome to the funny farm.