PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP NEEDED please

VR4WGN
16-11-2008, 01:18 AM
hi all im in need of urgent help please,im doing a conversion but seems that the autobox w5a51.... doesnt have a filter thingy,i cant remember if before the cancer i came across this but i know now that i hav and other sources say that its not needed so it may be an early box tha tdidnt require it,so before i go load up the dextron 3 fluid i want to make sure its all sweet,please let me know what you guys think ,there a re 3 letters molded on the casing saying OWC,please help its really urgent the owner cant wait to have his new VR4 wagon,

miller
16-11-2008, 01:40 AM
from what ive heard some boxes, mine included dont have gear oil filter.

VR4WGN
16-11-2008, 02:10 AM
hmm real?? um so then i guess this must e true?? so yours looks like this picture then??
thanx

richy rich
16-11-2008, 02:37 AM
Yep at some point mitzi decided the internal filter was good enough.

VR4WGN
16-11-2008, 02:52 AM
awsum,thanx heaps guys,this solves my stall,so best get back out thre and complete it lol
thanx guys

bradc
16-11-2008, 08:33 AM
yeah some do and some don't. The OWC stands for one way clutch and there was some talk about those ones being updated somehow or other, but I don't remember the specifics.

Subaru ETA
16-11-2008, 09:52 AM
i wouldnt be using dexron III in it!

elnevio
16-11-2008, 09:56 AM
i wouldnt be using dexron III in it!
I was just about to say that!

Dexron III doesn't do the job in our auto boxes. You need something along the lines of Mitsi's own DiaQueen SPIII or Amsoil's ATF. I think there's also a Motul product readily available in NZ too. I also understand that the DiaQueen stuff is easier and cheaper to buy from the mean stealership than it is for us in the UK! Which is why pretty much most UK auto owners use Amsoil.

AFAIK, it was some of the earlier boxes that have the external ATF filter. Which they then phased out, although no-one's really sure quite when.

Out of interest for the UK guys, I note that Camskill are now doing this filter for about £7.50, rather than the £15 Mitsubishi charge.

Beastlee
16-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Yep in Germany the Mitsi stuff is about 50% more expensive than Amsoil ATF.

Davezj
16-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I was just about to say that!

Dexron III doesn't do the job in our auto boxes. You need something along the lines of Mitsi's own DiaQueen SPIII or Amsoil's ATF. I think there's also a Motul product readily available in NZ too. I also understand that the DiaQueen stuff is easier and cheaper to buy from the mean stealership than it is for us in the UK! Which is why pretty much most UK auto owners use Amsoil.

AFAIK, it was some of the earlier boxes that have the external ATF filter. Which they then phased out, although no-one's really sure quite when.

Out of interest for the UK guys, I note that Camskill are now doing this filter for about £7.50, rather than the £15 Mitsubishi charge.

i will Third that, DON'T USE DEXRON III IN THE AUTO BOX, and yes i am shouting it.

DON'T USE IT.

VR4WGN
16-11-2008, 08:15 PM
sorry i was ment to say SPIII,i remember using Dex last time and we draind it as it was ****,these gearboxes hate it ay