PDA

View Full Version : Undercover cops

Lurch
25-03-2004, 12:51 AM
Watch out for Nissan Maxima's now.. mainly silver and and stock.. no lights in dash or in grills...

Pull you over by putting a blue light on the roof d:(

It wasn't me however, and was some lamer in an A4 Audi.. was tailgating me, had a funny feeling pulled over and slowed down d;)

KiwiTT
25-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the information.

However, it is good to know that they are policing in person, than simply putting up a camera.

Lurch
25-03-2004, 03:16 AM
Scared the crap out of me seeing the audi pulled over by a Maxima with a blue light like out of some American cop show..

Ahh, the drive through and back from Hamilton isn't what it use to be.

Kyoshu
28-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I think more of them are around now. I see at least on person pulled over per day on the way to work.

On the Herald last week, it said that cops are being told to pull people over even if they are only a couple of km's over the speed limit for the area, like if they hit 52km or something. :(

Bought a laser/radar detector for $70 though and it seems to be doing the job.

Lurch
29-03-2004, 01:37 AM
Yeah saw that too.. 2k's over is crazy... Ah well I guess it had to happen sometime.

I usually travel at around the 50-55k mark around town... When you check out a speeding ticket though the fines don't start till 5k's over so I'm puzzled as to what they can charge you for 2k's over :(

KiwiTT
12-04-2004, 04:20 AM
Watch out for this one as well. Spotted it twice in the Spagetti Junction pulling up cars. Flashing Red and Blue in the grill.

Lurch
12-04-2004, 05:31 PM
'94-'95 diamente flashing lights in the grill.. old shape... green with grey. Around the Albany area...

krisby
14-08-2004, 05:22 AM
There is a silver maxima hovering around Tauranga too, and I have also seen a dark blue Commodore and a dark green commodore today.

ShadyNZer
14-08-2004, 09:47 AM
fckin piggies everywhere...how am i supposed to test my babys potential if im paranoid bout the bacon :(

Xeroid
17-08-2004, 04:01 AM
Ludicrous, speedo's aren't accurate enough to rely on so 2-3 km is a joke.
My GPS detector is accurate within .1% and it says the VR4 is reading 3% faster at the speedo at 100kph, Subaru is about reading 6% faster . Dunno about the Cyborg yet but I'll chk.

I took it down to Sth Island and put it on the rental Legacy we got to go to the mounts and it was reading nearly 10% too fast. 100 kph by GPS read as about 109 on the speedo. :dozey:

So dependent on wheels, tyres and wear factor and mechanicals involved. I thought the 11 kph margin was to allow for all that cos I'd argue with a cop if I had my GPS unit to back me up.
:-b

KiwiTT
17-08-2004, 05:24 AM
Xeroid:

When I tested my ODO/ Speedo on the stretch of Motorway before the Bombay Hills southbound, it was accurate.

i.e. I travelled the 5 km and my ODO went up 5km